Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Skin/ Acne

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 20 years old, Toba Tek Singh

I had acne for 5 years (on face, chest, back and upper arms). I consulted a dermatologist and he gave me isolit capsules (isoteretenion) , acne aid bar and acne scar gel. I used this Medicine for 3 months almost. After that I got clear skin And my doctor asked me to stop the medicine except face wash. Now the acne from face ,chest and back have completely gone and I have acne free face and chest. But I still have acne on my upper arms. Even when I was using this medicine it cleared acne from face chest and back and worked a bit better for arms (dried) but no completely clear acne from upper arms. So I still have acne on my upper arms. What should I do? As I have stopped taking medicine on my doctor prescription. How can I clear acne from my upper arms? And how to prevent acne to come back?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Pervaiz Lateef

Dr. Pervaiz Lateef - Dermatologist

| MBBS | D- Derm (Colombo) | | Karachi

review-stars

394 Positive Reviews

It is better to continue oral medicen and body wash.

Post Owner

I have consulted that dermatologist again and he asked me not use this medicine any more in the order to prevent harmful sides effects (especially on liver) and it has caused much hair loss. He recommend me to use acne bar only for further acne prevention. But my upper arms still have acne and it's not getting better. I don't what to do now.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Should I continue to use oral and tropical medicine that was given. (Isolit capsules, Clindamycin phosphate lotion). He had also given me iso acne gel to apply on affected area but it wrosen my acne, so I stopped using Iso acne gel. And only used Oral capsules and that lotion.

3 years ago

Post Owner

But my doctor asked me not to use this medicine futher. But I am worried about the acne on upper arms, as not healing and may triggers acne to be back.
Please guide me what to do now.

3 years ago

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid

Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid - Dermatologist

MBBS, D Derm, MCPS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

81 Positive Reviews

Please remember oral medicines for acne are required when acne is moderate or severe. Once its severity is controlled with oral medinces , then further treatment is continued with topical medicines like lotion, cream or gel etc. Unnecessary counting oral medicines us asking fir unnecessary side effects. So apparently topical medicines are required at this stage. Please take appointment of a Dermatologist ( in clinic or online) for proper prescription

Post Owner

I have consulted that dermatologist again and he asked me not use this medicine any more in the order to prevent harmful sides effects (especially on liver) and it has caused much hair loss. He recommend me to use acne bar only for further acne prevention. But my upper arms still have acne and it's not getting better. I don't what to do now.

3 years ago

Post Owner

Should I continue to use oral and tropical medicine that was given. (Isolit capsules, Clindamycin phosphate lotion). He had also given me iso acne gel to apply on affected area but it wrosen my acne, so I stopped using Iso acne gel. And only used Oral capsules and that lotion.

3 years ago

Post Owner

But my doctor asked me not to use this medicine futher. But I am worried about the acne on upper arms, as not healing and may triggers acne to be back.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear pt, I have explained in detail already as its ur second post. the drug was right BUT the way given was in correct. you need proper consult as already explained. so can discuss in detail and guide you pros & cons. Regards

Post Owner

3 years ago

Post Owner

3 years ago

Post Owner

3 years ago

Dear Pt, have a proper consult so can discuss. you can book appointment or on line appointment via Marham. its Detailed consult. Regards

3 years ago

its NOT Dr choice:) its FDA and text book approved guideline that one needs to follow and tailor according to individual pt. regards

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Member of Marham-Forum

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories