Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Warts On Lips

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Male, 3.5 years old, Australia

My son had common warts on his finger and thumb. We got them cauterized by a GP. A few months back he got 2 small warts on lips also. The GP tried to freeze them but my son wasnt very cooperative so they are now left untreated. Is there any over the counter medicine I can apply on his lips to get rid of the warts? Or cryotherapy is the only option? Actually my son is really traumatized by the whole cauterization procedure and he is not ready to go to the doc again.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Member of Marham-Forum

Since warts are viral infection and are there highly contagious. Question is how did he get those at this age. Did you check who has those in the family or friends.

Cryo-Surgery is the least painful form of treatment. I do not understand why the doctor tried to treat with Cautery which is extremely painful procedure.

There is a lotion called Duofilm lotion which is applied very carefully over the wart. It may be available in Australia with a different name though. Ask your doctor there and perhaps he will explain how to some it.

Regards

Member of Marham-Forum

No one in the family has this virus. May be he caught this from the swimming pools or beaches. Actually the one on his finger was there from 1 year and it was getting bigger. The doc said its a little bit big for freezing so he removed it with cautery. But the procedure was just to painful for my poor boy. Duofilm is available here. But can it be applied on lips and that too in this age?

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid

Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid - Dermatologist

MBBS, D Derm, MCPS, FCPS | Karachi

review-stars

81 Positive Reviews

Firt point is Duo film is not suitable for use on face what to talk of lips. its clearly mentioned in literature of Duo-film. I would suggest Cryotherapy would be appropriate treatment. Cautery is too painful. Should be avoided in children. Its often the case that children don't cooperate for Cryotherapy. All depends on doctor and parents how they handle the child.

Post Owner

Thankyou Dr Obaidur Rehman and Dr Ajmal Rashid for your guidance. I"ll discuss these options with my GP.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Some dermatoligists here use Cantharidin treatment also for wart removal. Can we consider that too?

Dermatologist in Karachi - Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid
Dr. Brig Rtd Ajmal Rashid - Dermatologist

MBBS, D Derm, MCPS, FCPS | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 81 Positive Reviews

Its not suitable for use on lips. It ahold only be used by a qualified doctor( not on lips). Its not FDA approved treatment for warts

3 years ago

Post Owner

Thanks alot.

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist