Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on BP During Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Islamabad

I'm 35+ weeks along in my pregnancy. Throughout my BP has been normal between 110/75-120/80. Since the start of my 8th month, I randomly checked my BP one day and it was around 135/80. I have since then kept a record of my BP. The highest its ever been is 140/90. Not more than that. It stays between 120-135 mostly. Doctor said no need to start medicine for it. But I wanna know is it something I should be worrier about? Is this considered high bp? Considering I never had this much BP throughout my pregnancy. Some people say that it's normal in the last trimester to have this much BP. I never feel the symptoms. It's only when I measure it, I know that BP is high.

Member of Marham-Forum

Gestational hypertension is a clinical diagnosis defined by the new onset of hypertension (defined as systolic blood pressure ?140 mmHg and/or diastolic blood pressure ?90 mmHg) at ?20 weeks of gestation in the absence of proteinuria or new signs of end-organ dysfunction (copied- ref UpToDate)If your BP is consistently above 140/90 then do urine complete, CBC, LFTs, urine protein and see your Ob with results and request initiation of treatment. If below these numbers then no need for treatment.Hope this helps.My best.AM

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Javaid Iqbal

Prof. Dr. Javaid Iqbal - Endocrinologist

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), Fellow in Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism | Lahore

review-stars

1448 Positive Reviews

Gestational hypertension defined by BP ?140/90 mmHg on 2 occasions during pregnancy after 20 weeks' gestation in a previously normotensive patient, without the presence of proteinuria.Patient requires regular monitoring of BP and urinalysis during the pregnancy to exclude pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes.Mild hypertension is managed with lifestyle modification and 

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Javaid Iqbal

Prof. Dr. Javaid Iqbal - Endocrinologist

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), Fellow in Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism | Lahore

review-stars

1448 Positive Reviews

We can use low dose treatment if it is sustained  higher than 140/90.......check urine complete and then consult a doctof of internal medicine 

Homeopath in Karachi - Dr. Shama Muzaffar

Dr. Shama Muzaffar - Homeopath

DHMS | Karachi

review-stars

163 Positive Reviews

dear
you didn't write here if it's ur first pregnancy , anyway
nothing is to worried about it , sometimes it happens in last week of pregnancy ,when urine not passing out from bladder properly , due to excess pressure on bladder , lack of water , worries n tensions ,
overthinking , if u don't feel good talk to your doctor earlier .
take care

Endocrinologist in Quetta - Dr. Bacha Khan

Dr. Bacha Khan - Endocrinologist

MBBS, DDM, MPH | Quetta

review-stars

39 Positive Reviews

No need to worry. Just keep monitor BP.

Member of Marham-Forum

You are good...nothing to worry!

Member of Marham-Forum

Blood pressure control is serious issue during pregnancy. Get your urine checked and will have to start treatment

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories