Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Diabetes Type 1

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Multan

Aoa... i got engaged out of family..i am 24 years old and he is 26 years old.... now we came to know that my fiance having type 1 diabetes... diabetes diagnosed when he was 15 years old....his sugar level remain highs most of the time... he uses insulin from last 10 to 11 years.... now the question is my parents dont want to marry me with him..... they are saying diabetes patient cant become father in future..... plz guide me all possibilities.....

Endocrinologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Col Liaqat Ali

Dr. Col Liaqat Ali - Endocrinologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Medicine) | FCPS (Surgery) | MCPS (Medicine) | MCPS (Surgery) | Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) | | Faisalabad

review-stars

162 Positive Reviews

Diabetes is no bar to marry but the worrying thing is that if he has no control over sugar, he will develop complication of nerve damage, vision loss and kidney damage what to talk of becoming father. Therefore if he has no sense to control his sugar, he will be a liability.. If he is sensible enough to realise that sugar control for rest of life is a must then it is alright. Cricketer Wasim akram has diabetes and he is a father of 3 kids from 1st and 1 kid from 2nd marriage.

Post Owner

He has type 1 diabetes.. he looks too weak... i mean he is slim and smart... but physically strong.... but sugar remains high... how he can become little bit healthy as he is too slim...

5 years ago

Endocrinologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Col Liaqat Ali

Dr. Col Liaqat Ali - Endocrinologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Medicine) | FCPS (Surgery) | MCPS (Medicine) | MCPS (Surgery) | Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) | | Faisalabad

review-stars

162 Positive Reviews

please consult proper endocrinologist for long term care. Such advices cannot be given on net or telephone

Member of Marham-Forum

type 1 sugar b exercise say control hosakta hai actor fawad Khan ko type 1 diabetes hai exercise aur a good diet iska hal hai

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories