Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on High PTH Normal Calcium

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, Islamabad

I went through left thyroid lobectomy because of a haemorrhagic cyst. Acc to histopathology it was benign. Doctor found a parathyroid tumor during surgery & removed it. It was an accidental finding. It was Parathyroid adenoma with water clear cells .. it was suggested in the biopsy report to go for IHC for parathyroid adenoma but i didn't. Now 7 weeks after surgery i went for serum calcium & PTH. Calcium is normal but PTH is high i.e 218. After another month its still 200. What to do? I also have painful swollen lymph nodes that didn't go away .. size of the largest one is 15mm. I feel weakness in left arm & pain in lower back.

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Hasnain Dilawar

Dr. Hasnain Dilawar - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MS | Karachi

review-stars

48 Positive Reviews

how did u know it was parathyroid adenoma?

Post Owner

It was written in the histopathology report.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

What is Vit D levels ? Adenoma is usually benign so not cancer . If your Vitamin D level is normal than you may have normocalcaemic hyperparathyroidism. Lymph nodes and arm pain etc may be a separate issue. All this can’t be dealt here , you will need a thorough assessment.

Post Owner

None of the doctors asked me to go for vitamin D test.

3 years ago

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Syed Muhammad Hasan

Dr. Syed Muhammad Hasan - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (Ireland) MRCP (UK- Endocrinology and Diabetes) | Karachi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

what is amp. means?
you need to do Parathyroid subtraction scanning to rule out Parathyroid adenoma in remaining glands if they are not removed.

Post Owner

amp? Sorry i didn't get your Q.
Parathyroid subtraction scanning? Are you asking about sestamibi scan? If yes tou i went for it from NORI .. its normal they didnt see anything

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories