Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

person-avatar

Asking for Father, Male, 55 years old, Liaquatpur City of District Rahim Yar khan

My father is a patient of type 2 diabetes, he is of 55. Initially when he was diagnosed with this decease a few years ago and was prescribed a lot of medications. He lost his weight and became feeble in few months probably because of the side effects of extensive medications. After reading the side effects of #Metformin I told him to reduce medicine and start exercising. Now he is better and active than before. He thinks his legs are losing strength gradually, should he switch from #metformin to another #API or there are any other recommendations?

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Dr. Gulshad Hasan

Dr. Gulshad Hasan - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK), FRCP (UK), SC (Endocrinology & Diabetes) | Lahore

review-stars

476 Positive Reviews

not able to give comments , unless I see the patient. Examine him, and then decide for appropriate medicine for him. U have to bring his lab. reports with u as well.

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Adnan Kanpurwala

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Adnan Kanpurwala - Endocrinologist

MBBS, M.Phil.. (Psychology) | Karachi

review-stars

59 Positive Reviews

weight loss may be due to metformin or due to uncontrolled sugar levels. Get his HbA1c and maintain a sugar chart. Medicines will be adjusted according to the need and tolerance of patient and his blood sugar level. Metformin is best medicine to manage type 2 so one should take it unless contraindicated.

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Faisal Ilyas

Dr. Faisal Ilyas - Endocrinologist

MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit any of my clinics.
Schedule of clinics is attached.
Thanks

Regards,

Dr Faisal Ilyas
Consultant Endocrinologist

Attach Photo here: