Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Cholecystectomy

person-avatar

Asking For Sister, Female 26, Lahore

My sister had her cholecystectomy 12 days ago, she is constipated from the day if her surgery, taking only stool softener that helped her but not to great extent. I have read that we might require some digestive enzymes after Gallbladder removal. is it necessary to have them? plz suggest what to do as she is afraid that it might cause problems further. Thank you !

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

710 Positive Reviews

enzymes can be given depending on patient health and dietry pattern
kindly visit for detailed examination and proper treatment

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Gastroenterology) | Karachi

review-stars

123 Positive Reviews

Hello. Well GB as such does not produce disgestive enzymes, however it does produces motility enzymes, and bile salts which help to absorb fats within the meal. This is the reason why no enzymes are given to patients who had their gall bladder removed. The patient with gall bladder resection often feel diarrhea not constipation.
On the other hand constipation has its own reason, the one such reason is slowing of small and large bowel, which can occur to overweight, diabetes, cholesterol issues, thyroid gland issues, or otherwisw. The other reason of that long constipation is pelvic dyssynergia which is abnormality of the muscles which allows the passage of stools from bottom. This is problem is common among ladies who have mutliple pregancny and deliveries, and in some instruments were used.
For rulling out above possibilities, I would need to ask many relevant questions, which would help us to establish the diagnosis. If you need assistance with that kindly reach me out using in person, or video consultation. I would be happy to assist you in managing your problem.

https://www.marham.pk/doctors/karachi/gastroenterologist/dr-ajeet-kumar-lohana

regards

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories