Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on GP Help With Constipation, Gastric Issue

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 27 years old, Faisalabad

AOA Dr. How does Paroxtine affects the intestines? Does it causes the spasm of intestines or slowed the movement of intestines? I'm taking Paraxyl CR 25mg daily, which is working very good for GAD & OCD, but causing minor gastric complaints like too much gas, and less frequent bowel movement which doesn't empty the bowels fully. Ispaghula Husk causes further gas issue. Should I take Colofac 135mg , Movcol Sachet, Motilium or any other drug to tackle this issue? thanks

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MD(USA), FACP(USA), FRCP(UK), FCCM(USA), MACG(USA) | Karachi

review-stars

2352 Positive Reviews

Aoa, it is very important to know that why you have been prescribed this. The symptoms you are experiencing are due to this drug. You are advised not to take any other drug to counteracting the symptoms please visit an experienced psychiatrist near you and then see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation

Post Owner

thanks Dr Nauman for reply. Its the only medicine which has suited me for Generalized Social Anxiety, GAD, OCD. I'm more confident socially and can do routine work without any fear , worry. Various drugs has been tried nothing worked, In past has used Colofac, Motilium etc for IBS-C. Now dilemma is, one drug which works well for ibs, makes the anxiety symptoms worse, one which works for anxiety issue, makes the ibs issue bad. thats why I;m getting help on this forum.

5 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Mujahid Israr

Asst. Prof. Dr. Mujahid Israr - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), FCPS (Internal Medicine), FACG (US), SCE (UK), ESEGH ( European Board Of Gastroenterology & Hepatology) | Lahore

review-stars

1274 Positive Reviews

Dear patient, paroxetine is very good drug for you. But it also causes some gastric issues. I advice you to continue it for your GAD, OCD issue.
Adjust diet with it. Start taking motillium and movcol sachet 2 times a day. If you get no relieve , then visit for detailed checkup. A.H

Post Owner

Thanks Dr Mujahid for your kind response. Real dilemma is that, one drug which works well for IBS-C, makes the Anxiety symptoms worse (like did Prothiaden 75mg) & one which works for Anxiety issue, makes the IBS issue bad (like Paroxetine is doing). I'm going to follow your advice, has started taking Motilium & Movcol twice a day. Thanks a lot. One last thing I would like to know, this case is more related to Psychiatry or Gastroenterology or both?

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories