Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Hepatitis C

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 58 years old, Lahore

Salam,

My mother has Hep. C (genotype 3a) from about 15 years. She has tried multiple rounds of treatment regimes starting from interferon, pegasys, and then solvadi in 2016-2017 with no success. Her current state is healthy accompanied with weakness. The out-of-range tests results are:

HCV-RNA Viral Load: 8,954,757 IU/ml ALT: 120 AST: 138 Haemoglobin: 9.8 Low Vitamin-D levels

She is currently taking a low dose of Silymarin. Please advise regarding the following queries: 1. A doctor for consultation in Lahore. 2. Should she take iron supplements to address low Hb levels? 3. Recommended course of action?

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

691 Positive Reviews

dear memeber how old is the hcv report
yes she can start with a low dose of iron supplement stating she is not allergic to.it or not get swelling
had she any episode of unconciousness
you can visit Dr Usman javaid gastroenterologist
at javaid poly clinic faisal town

Post Owner

Thanks for your answer. The HCV report is from October 2018 i.e., only one month old.

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

thanks for asking question
i need to examine you and your record thorougly 
you can come to chugtai medical center khokhar chowk johar town lahore

From: reply=marham.pk@connect.marham.pk <reply=marham.pk@connect.marham.pk> on behalf of MARHAM <reply@marham.pk>
Sent: 19 November 2018 18:07
To: Khawaja Tahir Maqbool
Subject: Hepatitis C (Asking for Mother, Female, 58 years old - Lahore)

Dear Dr. Khawaja Tahir Maqbool,
Question:
Salam, My mother has Hep. C (genotype 3a) from about 15 years. She has tried multiple rounds of treatment regimes starting from interferon, pegasys, and then solvadi in 2016-2017 with no success. Her current state is healthy accompanied with weakness. The
out-of-range tests results are: HCV-RNA Viral Load: 8,954,757 IU/ml ALT: 120 AST: 138 Haemoglobin: 9.8 Low Vitamin-D levels She is currently taking a low dose of Silymarin. Please advise regarding the following queries: 1. A doctor for consultation in Lahore.
2. Should she take iron supplements to address low Hb levels? 3. Recommended course of action?

How to Reply:

Visit: https://www.marham.pk/forum/gastroenterologist/hepatitis-c-12376

Hepatitis C - Salam, My mother has Hep. - Ask a doctor online

www.marham.pk

Hepatitis C. Ask Health related questions from verified Doctors for FREE and get quick medical advice for your health queries.

OR: Reply this email.

--
Thank You,

Marham - Find, Ask and Consult Doctors

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

691 Positive Reviews

kindly bring the complete record along for examination

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Imran Farooka

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Imran Farooka - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), Fellow of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

202 Positive Reviews

aoa....for hep c we have new oral anti virals which we can give....we need to have conplete CBC...PT INR...serum albumin....fibroscan liver a sort of ultrasound ....for hb we need to see MCV MCH MCHC ...and then look for the cause iron def or what....

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fahad Aman Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Fahad Aman Khan - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS, CHPE | Lahore

review-stars

168 Positive Reviews

Thanks for the Question . . . Some Patients are Poor responders to Treatment . . . But for them Newer Drugs are available now in Pakistan . . Consult some Good Gastroenterologist in Lahore or Visit my Clinic for detailed Consultation . . .She can be treated for Hep C . . Low HB and all other issues be dealt after detailed examination and over view of Labs Thanks

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Mujahid Israr

Asst. Prof. Dr. Mujahid Israr - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroenterology), FCPS (Internal Medicine), FACG (US), SCE (UK), ESEGH ( European Board Of Gastroenterology & Hepatology) | Lahore

review-stars

1261 Positive Reviews

Dear there are some new advance drugs to treat Hep C. I have treated 2 same scanario cases as ur mother. U may consult in Omar hospital or National Hospital. Yes she can take iron 

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories