Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Hepatitis E

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Islamabad

Aoa Doctor i was diagnoaed with hepatitis e almost 3 weeks back with high ALT which was 2800 after that i was asked by the doctor to not eat oily and spicy food and keep myself hydrated which i followed strictly that after almost 3 weeks my ALT has dropped to 36 Alhamdulillah.. The query is that now I'm having itching all over my body i have dry skin so what could b the reason? From the start i never had jaundice because my bilirubin levels remained in normal range and my appetite is also normal.. Why i am having so much itchiness on my whole body?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Usman Javaid please help.

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

704 Positive Reviews

This could be due to the liver enzyme anomaly as it in some cases causes it hung what medication have you used for the hep e

Post Owner

No particular medicine was prescribed to me just hepa-merz syrup twice a day and risek actually doctor asked me to stay hydrated and eat food with less oil and spices

4 years ago

Post Owner

I want to inquire is it normal to have some itching? or should i get some more tests done? And should i still avoid normal food?

4 years ago

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 704 Positive Reviews

It's alright u can get back to the normal food
It's quite normal
Get your rft and cbc with Esr done
Meanwhile use tab Fexet d I daily for 5 days

4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

I'm actually worried if this would lead to jaundice? Someone told me that its good to have jaundice in hepatitis why you never had.. So I'm just concerned that my bilirubin levels are normal then why this itching is started

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 704 Positive Reviews

Every patient has its own serotype its not necessary to have the jaundice in every patient
Soem have some might not and itching is usual part of it
It would resolve once your esr is reduced as you have just recovered from the infection

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you so much doctor :)

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist