Hepatitis E

person-avatar

My sister is pregnant 25th week. She is diagnosed with hepatitis e. Is it very dangerous?

dr-salman-javed-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS (Pb), MD (USA), MACP (USA), FCPS (Gastro) | Lahore

review-img 490 Positive Reviews

It needs urgent medical attention and sometimes it's prudent to abort or deliver the baby

dr-asif-mehmood-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, FCPS, MCPS, Fellow of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-img 33 Positive Reviews

Hep E in pregnancy may cause complications as compared to other individuals.But with monitoring and joint supervision of Gastroenterology and gynaecology doctors it’s cures without any hazards

dr-usman-javaid-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroentrology | Lahore

review-img 26 Positive Reviews

Strict monitoring is required in the case and consultation with gastroenterologist is necessary with frequent labs and ultrasound to be done

dr-khalid-mahmud-khan-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, FCPS, MRCP | Lahore

review-img 23 Positive Reviews

Yes it can be very dangerous during pregnancy in some pt and may require termination of pregnancy. However it all depends upon her current LFT , pt ,creatinine and albumin level.  As you have not provided details of your sister, s current status I can’t comment oh her thanks, prof Khalid Mahmud Khan 

dr-khalid-mahmud-khan-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, FCPS, MRCP | Lahore

review-img 23 Positive Reviews

Yes it can be very dangerous during pregnancy in some pt and may require termination of pregnancy. However it all depends upon her current LFT , pt ,creatinine and albumin level.  As you have not provided details of your sister, s current status I can’t comment oh her thanks, prof Khalid Mahmud Khan 

dr-amtiaz-ahmad-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, MRCP, FCPS (Medicine) | Lahore

review-img 46 Positive Reviews

just tell me two things.
1. How is her appetite
2. what is the value in LFTS and RFTS

dr-hassan-suleman-malik-gastroenterologist-lahore

MBBS, FCPS(PEDIATRICS), MCPS(PEDIATRICS), FCPS(PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY & HEPATOLOGY) | Lahore

review-img 66 Positive Reviews

Yes it can complicate pregnancy and in afew may require termination of pregnancy. it all depends upon her LFT , pt ,creatinine and albumin level. Further monitoring will dictate course of action
Not one thing works for all

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online
Book Appointment
View All Categories (A-Z)