Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Irritable Bowel Syndrome

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 29 years old, Lahore

Hi, I suffer from IBS with alternating constipation/diarrhea, intestinal inflammation and acidity. I am taking medications as directed by my doctor. To deal with my problems & improve digestion, can I take "Digestive Enzyme" capsule Supplement? Would it worsen my acidity or alleviate the symptoms?

Digestive enzyme capsules (to be taken with meals) contain powder of following: ** Bromelain, Lactase, Protease, Papain, Lipase, Invertase, Cellulase, and Amylase + Inulin Prebiotic ** Turmeric, Ginger, Green Papaya, Inulin, Apple Pectin, Bladderwrack, Fennel, and Wakame

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Usman Javaid your guidance is needed.

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

710 Positive Reviews

Dear member it's better not to use the capsule supplementationn untill the symptoms are improved
Follwd by have u done any test or ultrasound after the use of medication

Post Owner

No, I have not done any test or ultrasound. My medicine is complete now and my symptoms are better than before. But my stool is mushy, usually passed once a day (in the morning). "Digestive Enzyme" is over the counter supplement, I am getting it from USA. The supplement claims to improve digestion & gut health. Link & description of supplement given for your review & suggestion:
https://www.zenwisehealth.com/products/digestive-enzymes-180-count

Look forward to your suggestions. Thanks

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid
Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 710 Positive Reviews

Dear member despite of using costly supplements try to avoid the oily food and improve your dietry habits consume more of Fibre food in your diet use more of salad along with good consumption of water daily
You would feel very better inshallah

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories