Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gastroenterologist on Mild Hiatus Hernia, Gastritis And Frequent Throat Infections

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 42 years old, Lahore

I have been suffering acute respiratory and throat symptoms due to GERD, recently had Endoscopy and found Hiatus Hernia and Gastritis and there is No H-Pilory or stool infection symptoms found. I don’t eat fried, spicy, oily, junk, rice, cold water, dairy, coffee, carbonated beverages, smoking at all but my symptoms never leaves me it remain as it is. I get severe throat infection every 1-2 months, acidity, has more often, can’t eat any healthy food too because this gets triggered with a very small negligence. I had been using, omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, rabeprazole for more than 5 years with breaks but symptoms still exist and I found no improvement overall. Kindly advice what should I do.

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid

Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MD(USA), FACP(USA), FRCP(UK), FCCM(USA), MACG(USA) | Karachi

review-stars

2352 Positive Reviews

Thanks kindly visit my clinic at Amna Medical Centre b/ w 4-5 daily except Sunday with your complete Medical Record as your condition requires detailed examination Regards

Is your clinic open during lockdown?

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid
Prof. Dr. Muhammad Noman Rashid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MD(USA), FACP(USA), FRCP(UK), FCCM(USA), MACG(USA) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 2352 Positive Reviews

Yes only b/w 4-5 pm

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Raja Omer Fiaz

Dr. Raja Omer Fiaz - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Doctor Of Medicine (Gastroenterology) | Lahore

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

Please use pro kinetic drugs like motilium ganaton or cinnitaprude along with lifestyle changes like taking small meals meals that are less oily and fatty taking last meal 3 hours before sleeping daily exercise weight control wearing lose clothes also visit dietician for a proper food chart further you can visit me after end of pandemic lockdown if you are in Lahore

Post Owner

Thanks for your time.
I have been taking Ganaton 50mg for last three days, 30min before food, Kindly advise if any special care or precautions needed while taking this medicine?

Secondly, because of GERD my upper throat remains itchi and swelled and the substance of mucus remain sticked which creates uncomfortably pain, coughing and infection and in the end I have no choice but to use antibiotics. Do you think I need any other medicine to be taken with Ganaton as a preparation before I visit your clinic after the concurrent lockdown.

Regards,

4 years ago

MBBS, Doctor Of Medicine (Gastroenterology) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 22 Positive Reviews

Ganaton is good medicine for sticky throat please do gargles frequently hope your issue will be solved before lockdown

4 years ago

Post Owner

Hello Doctor Sahib,
Trust this note finds you well!
Just to keep you posted.
It’s been more than a week I have been taking Ganaton and haven’t notice any significant improvement. A lot of mucus and itchiness is still being buildup in upper throat and oesophageal pipe as well as severe acidity inside stomach.

Can you please advise just in case if any changes to addition need to be adopted .

“Just to take this to your kind consideration, my acidity was triggered two months ago after taking just a small bite of raw Green Chili while having food” and the severity is not reduced till now.

Raw Onion, Citrus, raw garlic, spinach, milk, cold water, tomatos, hot spices and Fried Foods are my major triggers and I always stay away from all of them.

Kind regards and thanks for your time.
ALLAH bless you and your family.
Ahsan

4 years ago

Ok please take Nexum 40 mg in morning before breakfast and tablet cinnita 1 mg one in morning and evening with gaviscon advance syrup 2 tablespoons three times a days and tablet citaneu 5 mg at night

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you Doctor Sahib for the quick response as always. It’s really so nice of you.

God Bless you

4 years ago

Post Owner

Assallam Doctor Sahib,
First and foremost I really sorry to bother you again.

Just a question

As as wrote :
1 - cinnita 1 mg one in morning and evening

2 - tablet citaneu 5 mg at night

Are these two separate medicine and I do need to consume the cinnita 1mg twice a day and citaneu 5mg once a day.

Secondly, how long do I need to continue the Ganaton, Nexum 40, cinnita and citaneu as well as I need to know the method of dosage I.e. before food, after food, how long before and after etc etc.

Since it’s a chronic condition of my symptoms therefore I would visit you after completing initial course of medicine to be able to understand more about the chronic symptoms which is going to be helpful for the complete treatment once and for all - In Shaa Allah

Kindest Regards,
Ahsan

4 years ago

Cinnita and citaneu are seperate medicine and stop ganaton rest medicines for 2 weeks

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you so much. It’s really so kind of you.

God Bless You

4 years ago

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid

Dr. Muhammad Tanweer Khalid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gastroentrology) | Karachi

review-stars

104 Positive Reviews

management of gerd start with life style modification along with drugs..avoid stomach filling...keep some space in ur stomach..frequent small meals..loose weight if excessive..keep head end of ur bed elevated..avoid beverages chocolate and stuff like this... use ppi as per need.

Gastroenterologist in Lahore - Dr. Usman Javaid

Dr. Usman Javaid - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gastroenterology (UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), Member European Society of Gastroenterology | Lahore

review-stars

710 Positive Reviews

kindly visit for detailed examination and proper recommendation of the medications

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

Need your more symptoms and history to treat your problems so take appointment or call me through marham and get rid of your problems

Member of Marham-Forum

sir kindly tell me plz..last year m ne endoscopy karai thi..us m small hiatus hernia and gastritis aya tha..sir life style wagera sb change krliya h blkul..acidity ki tablet lete raho tou theek wrna heart burning ka issue rehta ha..kindly tell me any medicine name which highly effective in my case..?

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gastroenterologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories