Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Hematologist on Bleeding Disorder

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Male, 23 years old, Sargodha

Assalam-u-alaikum

I'm a patient of Von Willebrand Disease type 3 and now I am getting married. And I am worry about passing out my disorder to the children. Is there any way to prevent to inherit VWD to my children...???

Member of Marham-Forum

WaAlaikumAsSalam,
VWD type 3 is inherited in autosomal recessive pattern, which means both parents need to have the vwd gene, which if passed on to the next generation by both parents will cause the disease. You can get your spouse tested for vwd. You should also keep in mind that autosomal recessive disorders may occur in carrier form, which means your spouse may be having a defective allele but stay asymptomatic and still pass on that affected allele to cheldren, causing the disease. So the best test to rule that carrier state is PCR.


0

0

Attach Photo here: