Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Hematologist on Hb Electrophoresis

person-avatar

Asking for Husband, Male, 33 years old, Lahore

Aslam o alaikum! plz tell me what does hb F value mean??? what kind of disease we may have if it is more than normal range...below is my husband report plz tell me why hb F value is much high???

General Physician in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Wasi

Dr. Muhammad Wasi - General Physician

MBBS | Islamabad

review-stars

2 Positive Reviews

Greetings! Please book appointment via Marham so that I may help you. Kind Regards

Hematologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid

Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid - Hematologist

MBBS , FCPS (Hematology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

41 Positive Reviews

If the results are from reliable laboratory ( important because some errors happen in labs) then to interpret the result I need to know why this test was ordered. Does he have any symptoms? secondly is there any family history of hemoglobin disorder?

Post Owner

no family history.... I'm married for 15 months but not able to conceive so my dr suggested this test for both of us

3 years ago

Post Owner

he don't have any symptoms...he is fit alhamdulillah

3 years ago

Hematologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid
Dr. Nuzhat Mushahid - Hematologist

MBBS , FCPS (Hematology) | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 41 Positive Reviews

Thalassaemia carrier has no relation with infertility. It is not indication to test unless they have some explanation. I hsve doubts on lab result. Also the results should be best interpreted by the clinician who ordered that test. He or she should discuss with the pathologist who reported the result to resolve the finding.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

It could be Thallasemia minor which is just a trait not a disease and the person does not show any symptoms. We need to see the CBC and ferritin report also for this case to confirm the diagnosis. Thallasemia trait has significance only if the other partner is also having this trait indicated by high Hb F. If both partners are carriers of Thallasemia trait then there are 25% chances that their child is born with Thallasemia major which is a lethal disease. For infertility test your husband should go for his semen analysis not Hb electrophoresis as it has no relation with that.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories