Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Hepatologist on Increased Liver Enzymes

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 38, mirpur

my liver enzymes are elevated and I am a bipolar patient and on butrin 150mg prothiaden 75mg brintellix 10mg and citolin syrup.i think these elevated enzymes are because of side effects of antidepressant.My vitamin d level is also low which is 8.i m confused whether these elevated enzymes are due to side effects of medicine r due to decreased vitamin level.my ultrasound of liver is ok and heapatits report is negative.moreover my weight is 60kg still my belly is protruded out and thighs and arms swollen.Can anybody clarify what's the reason of elevated enzymes and what should I do know which antidepressant us causing these side effects I cannot stop them because without them I feel terrible.kindly guide me thnks.also tell me these side effects are temporary are they are persistent.

Hepatologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Mubasherah

Dr. Mubasherah - Hepatologist

MBBS, BLS, Diploma in Diabetes, Liver Disorders and Nutrition Diploma, MCPS (Family Medicine Trainee) | Faisalabad

review-stars

61 Positive Reviews

yes many anti depressants cause elevated liver enzymes.as your psychiatrist to shift you on safer medicines

Post Owner

respected Dr can u tell me which of these anti depressants is causing the negative impact medicine usually don't suit me and I come with this combination after a lot of effort if I will change whole medcnes my depression will become terrible these are strong antidepressants and m compelled to take them because lighter ones don't proved effective for me kindly suggest something.what I shall do now m very much pathetic

2 years ago

Hepatologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Mubasherah
Dr. Mubasherah - Hepatologist

MBBS, BLS, Diploma in Diabetes, Liver Disorders and Nutrition Diploma, MCPS (Family Medicine Trainee) | Faisalabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 61 Positive Reviews

ok just take a liver tonic along with these medicines you are already taking

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories