Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dietitian/Nutritionist on Weight Gain Issue

person-avatar

Asking For Husband, Male 38, Lahore

my husband is gaining weight even after having a balanced diet plan along with daily badminton game routine, he is still gaining weight. what can be the possible issue with him? what I want to ask is your help to determine whether it is a diet issue or harmons imbalance. after your suggestions, I will make appropriate appointment.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear. You have to tell me about your husband weight and height as well as diet he is taking in detail . Than i can tell you the reasons.

Nutritionist in Islamabad - Dr. Muhammad Israr Khan

Dr. Muhammad Israr Khan - Nutritionist

BSc-Nutrition , MSc-Nutrition , PHD-Human Nutrition | Islamabad

review-stars

294 Positive Reviews

Determination of causes of weight gain and a balanced diet requires consideration of other life and routine factors and it is better to consult a nutritionist. There are number of foods that takes less time in the stomach and provide calories instantly leading to weight gain. It is better to book appointment via https://www.marham.pk/doctors/islamabad/nutritionist/muhammad-israr-khan for detailed investigation

Nutritionist in Karachi - Dr. Sumaira Nasim

Dr. Sumaira Nasim - Nutritionist

MSc (Food and Nutrition), MPH (Australia), PhD Nutrition (U.K. - ongoing) | Karachi

review-stars

26 Positive Reviews

I will suggest TSH test, sometimes there are hormonal imbalance, which can lead to weight gain or it might be genetics or fluid retention or steroids therapy, so it is important to find out reasons---

Regards,

Nutritionist in Karachi - Rutaab Khan

Rutaab Khan - Nutritionist

BS Nutrition | Karachi

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

I think you should go for a tsh (thyroid test)..
once you are done with your labs then share the results. I will further guide you.

Sexologist in Karachi - Dr. Aslam Naveed

Dr. Aslam Naveed - Sexologist

MD (Sexology), Doctorate of Acupuncture, Ph.D. (Alternative Medicine), DHMS | Karachi

review-stars

531 Positive Reviews

above mentioned both advice are excellent also life style, disturbed sleep, anxiety , etc may cause please go Thyroid profile 1st

Nutritionist in Karachi - Rabia Anwer

Rabia Anwer - Nutritionist

MSC (Food & Nutrition), MSPH, BSC | Karachi

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

Please go for complete Serum thyroid profile and then get online appointment.

Nutritionist in Islamabad - Dr. Ayesha Haq

Dr. Ayesha Haq - Nutritionist

MSC , Mphil in community health and nutrition (Holistic health) , PHD (Ongoing), PGD | Islamabad

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

Balanced diet is ok to be healthy but to reduce weight your husband need modofied diet plan...need to know detailed history about diet and medical...if any

Nutritionist in Islamabad - Qurat Ul Ain Khalil

Qurat Ul Ain Khalil - Nutritionist

BSC (Food and Nutrition) | Islamabad

review-stars

92 Positive Reviews

Kindly mention his height weight age and diet routine. Its important to evaluate it first.

Nutritionist in Faisalabad - Adnan Akbar

Adnan Akbar - Nutritionist

MSC in Nutritional Sciences (UK) | Faisalabad

review-stars

202 Positive Reviews

Hi dear, thanks for choosing the right forum for your concern. Well 1st I need to know in detail all the info about his intake in terms of quality and portion size. Then his age, height and weight . Then only I can conclude the possible causes of weight gaining. Better to book an online consultation.

Member of Marham-Forum

I am really thankful to everyone for their time to reply on the topic. I humbly request to please go through the following reports and details so i may proceed further with online consultation.
my husband is 5' 8" and his weight is currently 115 KG.

As per routine, i give him two piece of bread, one fry egg and a cup of tea in morning. A salad box (sauces like thousand island or Caesar for dressing) or a chicken sandwich for lunch. As in evening, he usually take a roti and curry/vegetables which ever is available. After dinner, he takes tea in routine.
He is a computer engineer so he has a desk job. But he play badminton from 10:00 to 11:30 on daily basis.

The following are the test reports from yesterday blood tests;

Plasma Glucose Fasting 95 mg/dl
Cholesterol 144 mg/dL
Triglycerides 133 mg/dL
HDL (Cholesterol) 36 mg/dL
LDL (Cholesterol) 99 mg/dL
Non-HDL (Cholesterol) 108
TSH (Serum) 5.27 uIU/ml
Hydroxy Vitamin-D 23.29 ng/ml

Diabetologist in Islamabad - Dr. Farah Faizan

Dr. Farah Faizan - Diabetologist

MBBS, PGD, MS (Community Health & Nutrition), MCPS (Family Medicine) | Islamabad

review-stars

107 Positive Reviews

kindly book an appointmnt

Nutritionist in Sheikhupura - Ms. Mehak Zubair

Ms. Mehak Zubair - Nutritionist

B.sc (Food and Nutrition) MSC (Food and Nutrition) Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics(PGDD) | Sheikhupura

review-stars

14 Positive Reviews

There are so many reasons if someone is gaining weight even though he is having balanced diet and exercise routine.
I need to know the details of his meal pattern along with quantity and timings.

Nutritionist in Sheikhupura - Ms. Mehak Zubair
Ms. Mehak Zubair - Nutritionist

B.sc (Food and Nutrition) MSC (Food and Nutrition) Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics(PGDD) | Sheikhupura | Book Appointment

review-stars 14 Positive Reviews

Book an appointment for detailed assessment and then we will determine the exact reason for his continuous weight gain

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

From the sound of it. It looks hormonal. Weight management hormone imbalance. Book an appointment for detailed check up. Im available at Asaaf Hospital in Lahore

Nutritionist in Karachi - Dr. Ayesha Abbas

Dr. Ayesha Abbas - Nutritionist

MBBS, Masters (Nutrition), Diploma (Nutrition) | Karachi

review-stars

273 Positive Reviews

Well according to you if he is following a proper diet plan and exercising then also he is not reducing then we I need to take his proper history and a detailed examination may be he is suffering from hormonal imbalance

Nutritionist in Lahore - Irfan Suleheria

Irfan Suleheria - Nutritionist

B.Sc, B.Pharm, Pharm D, PGD (Dietetics and Nutrition), Mphil (Clinical Nutrition), PGD (Applied Psychology) | Lahore

review-stars

66 Positive Reviews

Book an appointment for detailed assessment and then we will determine the exact reason for his continuous weight gain

Nutritionist in Lahore - Zoha Sohail

Zoha Sohail - Nutritionist

BS (Hons.) Food and Nutrition, Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics, MS Clinical Nutrition | Lahore

review-stars

126 Positive Reviews

kindly make an appointment via marham as proper nutritional assessment is required for this

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dietitian/Nutritionist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories