Acl And Meniscus Tear

i have partial acl tear and grade 2 meniscus tear. will my meniscus heal on its own? And should i get reconstructon of acl or repair by bone anchors and sutures?

dr-mukesh-kumar-orthopedic-surgeon-karachi

get it repaired

dr-mukesh-kumar-orthopedic-surgeon-karachi

better to visit. Dr. K.M.Shah best surgeon for this.

dr-akbar-jaleel-zubairi-orthopedic-surgeon-karachi

MBBS, FCPS Ortho Fellowship Spine Surgery (AFPGMI) Fellowship Spine Surgery (AOSpine, Nottingham, UK) | Karachi

If there is no instability or locking then surgery is not mandatory or urgent. Give trial of quadriceps and hamstring strengthening exercises for the acl tear and avoid squatting and stair climbing for meniscus tear and see how things settle in 6 weeks.
May need surgery if symptoms persist.

dr-brig-r-daud-raza-orthopedic-surgeon-rawalpindi

MBBS, FCPS | Rawalpindi

review-img 2 Positive Reviews

Partial tear of ACL and grade 2 year of meniscus does not require surgery but you need to meet with an orthopaedic surgeon so he should evaluate and educate you

Patient

Post Owner

Thankyou.

dr-sajid-aslam-khawaja-orthopedic-surgeon-rawalpindi

MBBS, MRCS (Ireland), Fellow of European Board of Orthopaedic & Traumatology (EBOT), Diplomat in Navigated knee replacement (CAOS) UK, MSc Orthopaedic (UK), Fellowship in Hip and Knee replacement (Glasgow, UK), Key skills course provider by Royal College of surgeons in Edinburgh | Rawalpindi

review-img 78 Positive Reviews

Hi, treatment of ACL rupture depends on symptoms however meniscus never heals. You need to be examined and consult orthopaedic surgeon in person. Thanks

dr-muhammad-bilal-orthopedic-surgeon-lahore

MBBS, FCPS, FRCS (Orthopedics) England, Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore

review-img 24 Positive Reviews

there is not enough evidence for repair of acl.some surgeons do repair it but then you should be ready that it might fail and you need further surgery.
for meniscus, it can heal but it's unpredictable. if it doesn't heal and give you trouble then consider surgery

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online
Book Appointment
View All Categories (A-Z)