Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Orthopedic Surgeon on Short Height


Asking for Self, Male, 19 years old, Quetta

My height is above 5 foot 2 inches ..and my bone age is 18. Can I go for limb lengthening surgery.

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear wait for 2 year more
Eat healthy food
So exercise

Member of Marham-Forum

5-2” is not a bad height for our general population. After skeletal maturity it’s only extensive surgery with prolonged recovery which can help, it’s not advisable for your case.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Sargodha - Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Aurangzeb Qureshi - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , MCPS (Surgery) , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery) | Sargodha


176 Positive Reviews

Your height is acceptable for the average height of a person in our country. Any increase is length is considered cosmetic. You should see someone that does cosmetic lengthening as the post procedure rehab requires patient Compliance ad well as willingness to bear the many complications that can happen with such procedures

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes sure

Member of Marham-Forum

Do Xray skeletal survey by getting xrays of knee joints and if growth plates are still open try injection of growth hormone before planning any surgical lengthening.


Post Owner

Sir I did x Ray of bone age .
In reports my bone age was 18 years .
My doctor said that their is no possibility for height increase . neither by medicines nor by injections.and he totally disappointed me .I have my all reports .you can also check them .
On hospitals.aku.edu/reports
User ID:042-32591427,


4 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Limb lengthening is a tidious lenghty process and need good patient compliance. If you are really thinking about it them educate yourself by meeting people who have home through it. Watch videos about it and after using simple inbuilt heels in shoes for one year if you still want it get it done from reputed centre . As any surgical intervention comes with risks and any complication can be disastrous for life.


Post Owner

Ok I got it .but naturally how can I increase my height .by food or by exercise?

4 years ago

Orthopedic Surgeon in Rawalpindi - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khaqan Jahangir Janjua - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, Grading Deploma Surgery, FRCS, FIAS, FICS, Trauma Fellowship, MMed Sci (Trauma Surgery), CCD, ALTS, ALS, PALS | Rawalpindi


29 Positive Reviews

Hillsclinic is the only comprehensive centre in Pakistan doing Height Increase by Limb Lengthening Surgery. Many national and international patients have been dealt with success till now. The younger the candidates in adulthood were, the earlier was the bone maturation and lesser complications.
Study the following links in detail and contact the centre : www.hillsclinic.com, www.facebook.com/hillsclinic, www.poacc.com

Orthopedic Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Shabir Awan

Dr. Shabir Awan - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FRCS (UK), AO Spine fellowship(Canada), Dip in Orthopedic Engineering (UK),Diplomat of American Board in Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery FABMISS(USA), Laser Endoscopic Spinal Surgery(UK ) | Islamabad


39 Positive Reviews

As most of the surgeons above advised you it is normal and do not interfere in nature u still have some time to grow. take care

Orthopedic Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Bilal - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS , FCPS (Orthopedic Surgery), FRCS (Trauma & orthopedic surgery ) England , Fellowship (Shoulder Surgery) UK | Lahore


186 Positive Reviews

anyone can have Limb lengthening surgery but its a very long process and most patients will run away.
you need to sit with an orthopaedic surgeon expert in this field and discuss all benefits and risks in detail to make a decision.

Orthopedic Surgeon in Islamabad - Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja

Dr. Sajid Aslam Khawaja - Orthopedic Surgeon

MBBS, MRCS (Ireland), Fellow of European Board of Orthopedic & Traumatology (EBOT), Diplomat in Navigated knee replacement (CAOS) UK, MSc Orthopedic (UK), Fellowship in Hip and Knee replacement (Glasgow, UK), Key skills course provider by Royal College of surgeons in Edinburgh | Islamabad


293 Positive Reviews

HI, yes sure you can.

Write Comment

Attach Photo here:

Card image cap

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Orthopedic Surgeon

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories