Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatric Surgeon on Appendicitis

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 6 years old, Lahore

My daughter age is 6 years. She complained about belly pain on 2nd January. Then vomiting started. We took her to hospital. The doctors did not treat her well. For the next 2, 3 visits they diagnosed typhoid and gave antibiotics and painkiller injection. But her pain and fever was not cured. So we took her to Fatima Memorial hospital. They admitted her and performed urine tests, blood tests, ultrasound and then CT scan. Now since yesterday her fever and pain is almost gone. The senior surgeon has said that from CT scan it looks like appendix is burst or leaked. But we will not perform surgery now as it will be too complex. We will give her antibiotics injections and medicines and after at least 3 months we will perform surgery to remove appendix. CT scan report is attached. I want to ask for second opinion from some paed surgeon. Is this course of action is right or we should consult some other doctor. Thanks

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Nabila Talat

The best decisions are always made by correlating patient's examination findibgs and investigations. I would like to examine the girl. And also reports of C.T scan ir MRI are not as important as viewing the films. So you can come anywhere to me in children's hospital lahore or at Hameed Latif Hosp 6-8pm Monday Wednesday Friday.
The fluid collection mentioned in C.T report is not only because of appendicitis but there are many other causes sp in females related to ovaries or tubes.

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Ali Sheikh

Dr. Muhammad Ali Sheikh - Pediatric Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (Paediatric Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

70 Positive Reviews

As per information provided by you and attached CT report it seems to be a case of appendicular abscess. The best advice can only be given after examining the patient and relevant investigations. As far current treatment is concerned, the treating surgeon is the best judge. in my opinion if fever is settled and patient is improving then one of the treatment options is conservative as prescribed by surgeon of your daughter.

Member of Marham-Forum

What's the present situation.

Post Owner

After given antibiotics/medicines for 3 days, another ultrasound was performed to see the progress. The ultrasound showed significant improvement so the doctor has discharged from the hospital. He has prescribed medicines/injection for 1 week and asked for another ultrasound after that.

5 years ago

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Syed Hasnain Abbas

Diagnosis of appendicitis is clinical.No problem to take second opinion.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories