Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Pediatric Surgeon on Appendicular Abscess

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 6 years old, Lahore

My daughter age is 6 year and her weight is 14.5 KG. She complained about belly pain on 2nd January. Then vomiting started. We took her to hospital. They gave injection for pain and drip. She had diarrhea for 1 day. Her pain and fever was not cured and we had to take her to the hospital for 3, 4 days. Then doctor diagnosed typhoid and gave her antibiotics. Her condition was not getting better so on 8th January we took her to Fatima Memorial hospital. They admitted her and performed several tests of urine and blood. Then ultrasound was performed and they identified something and suggested CT scan for further details. After seeing CT scan report they referred to the paed surgeon. He said its appendix abscess. But immediate surgery will be complex. We will give her antibiotics course and will perform surgery for appendix after 3 months. Is this course of action is right or we should consult some other doctor. CT report is attached. Thanks

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Naveed Haider

Asst. Prof. Dr. Naveed Haider - Pediatric Surgeon

MBBS, FCPS (PAEDIATRIC SURGERY ), FACS (USA), Diploma In laparoscopic surgery (Germany) | Lahore

review-stars

160 Positive Reviews

If pain and fever has got settled after antibiotics then it's fine
Otherwise Surgery may be needed
Dr. Naveed Haider
Assistant Professor of pediatric Surgery
042-32591427,

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you doctor

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes her fever and pain is settled since 3 days.

Member of Marham-Forum

I understand ur childs problem , Can u please send your CT SCAN & it’s reports to me on 042-32591427, then I will be able to guide .

Post Owner

Are you a doctor?

5 years ago

Pediatric Surgeon in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. M Bilal Mirza

Assoc. Prof. Dr. M Bilal Mirza - Pediatric Surgeon

MBBS, MS (Pediatric Surgery) | Lahore

review-stars

68 Positive Reviews

Although giving opinion without seeing patient is of no value, yet, it all depends upon patient's clinical condition. WBCs, CRP, temperature and pulse changes may guide us regarding approach. The calcific focus on CT may be a dislodged fecalith. These are all presumptions without seeing the patient and CT scan films. Thanks

Pediatric Surgeon in Multan - Dr. Syed Faisal Usman

Dr. Syed Faisal Usman - Pediatric Surgeon

| MBBS | FCPS ( PAEDIATRIC SURGERY ) | | Multan

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

ideally pus should be removed and drain placed with vroad spectrum antiobiotucs.
followed by appendicectomy after 6 week interval to avoid further complicatuins laproscopy is the ideal solution

Member of Marham-Forum

Yes its ok if patient is improving . it is called as interval appendectomy

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories