Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Psychiatry on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (part 3)

person-avatar

Asking for Husband, Male, 36 years old, Rawalpindi

Kindly suggest how shall I persuade my husband to take treatment without gap once for all. U must be knowing that such paying would go to Dr n take treatment only when he himself feel the need. NO one can force .Sorry for long post of threw parts , but that's the only platform I can consult for help I'm from Rawalpindi but I don't live in Pakistan.we live abroad n it's not possible or to seek anyone help. I can't share with his parents as they would never trust me. They know his condition yet they don't admit h needs treatment. Neither can I come back bcoz 8 don't want to leave my home n give space for troubles to come 8n n destroy my marriage. I want to save it any any cost or sake of my son and husband who is genuinely a nice person but is being harmed by his OCD. Kindly tell me how to deal with him to help him without medicine. What behavior shall I adopt to persuade him for treatment n shall 8 agree to whatever stupidity he say for our son or shall I resist. Kindly suggest.n pl

Psychiatrist in Lahore - Dr. Tehreem Fatima

Dr. Tehreem Fatima - Psychiatrist

MBBS, MD (psychiatry trainee LGH) | Lahore

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

It is very difficult to force another person for treatment unless he himself feels the need for it. At first I think u need to get him realize that he is having a health problem. People mistakenly dont consider mental health problems as health problems but as their personal issues which they think they can deal on their own. Certain changes in the chemicals of brain can cause psychiatric problems that can be treated by bringing the balance of those chemicals back to normal...... U need to tell him this so that he may consider his issue as a health issue n seek treatment for that.... Don't freak out or get frustrated...... Acknowledge to him that u are with him no matter what...... But are advising him to seek treatment just to help him....... U can't force him...... Only by repeated discussions u may convince him (beware not to lose your temper during those discussions! )

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories