Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Cardiologist on Chest Pain With Headache

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 17 years old, Hyderabad

I'm having pain in the middle of chest it become worse if I'm lying down or walking and I can't swallow+ breathing issue like I can't take deep breaths it's so painful I was having headache with chest pain it has been 2 days. I had this pain 2 times before doctor told us that it is because of Chest swelling caused by any heavy thing or sleeping in wrong way. Now this is third time I'm having this type of pain in chest I can feel my heartbeat and feels like my heart is beating more than normal. Now what should I do to get relief of this pain?

Member of Marham-Forum

Dear Member,
Your query has been approved and the relevant doctor has been tagged. You will receive the answer soon.

You can also discuss your issue with GP via video call for just Rs. 30. If you want to book an appointment with a GP, please visit this link:

https://www.marham.pk/online-consultation/general-physician
Thank you.

Cardiologist in Lahore - Dr. Shirjeel Murtaza

Dr. Shirjeel Murtaza - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology) | Lahore

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

do breathing exercises. nothing to worry. de relax. followup after 1 week

Cardiologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Naveed Yaqoob Niazi

Dr. Naveed Yaqoob Niazi - Cardiologist

MBBS, MD, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Cardiology) | Rawalpindi

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

Are you having any sleep related issues recently?

Post Owner

No sir I'm not having any sleeping issue I'm having good sleep. problem is when i lie down I can't breathe because of pain. It become normal if I'm in same position. Whenever I try to change my position it become worse

3 years ago

Cardiologist in Sargodha - Dr. Iftikhar Hashmi

Dr. Iftikhar Hashmi - Cardiologist

MD, MS, PhD Cardiology | Sargodha

please go for ECG and send me the picture. You can measure your blood pressure also. after this I shall advise what to do next. Now you can take 2 tab. Disprine 300mg.

Post Owner

Will go for ecg. I'm measuring my bp it's borderline low but my heartbeat is 110 to 120 or 125 maximum it was 140 once Baki usually it's 110 to 125 should I take it serious or it's normal in chest pain?

3 years ago

Cardiologist in Islamabad - Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Shafique

Asst. Prof. Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Shafique - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Medicine), FCPS (Cardiology), MCPS (Medicine) | Islamabad

review-stars

22 Positive Reviews

Do you have any history of cough or fever in recent past? Do CRP ECG CXRAY and blood cp.

Post Owner

I had viral Flu before Ramadan with cough and sore throat.

3 years ago

Cardiologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Zamir A Siddiqui

Prof. Dr. Zamir A Siddiqui - Cardiologist

MBBS, M.Phil (Clinical Pharmacology), M.D (Cardiology), Dip Diab. (Diplomate Diabetology), Ph.D. Scholar (Clinical Pharmacology) | Karachi

review-stars

528 Positive Reviews

Answer the following questions.
- where do you live? City, Village,
- How many sisters and brothers have you?
- in which class do you read?
- Investigations:
1. CBC & ESR
2. ASOT
3. Echocardiogram
4. RA factor
5. Urine DR

Cardiologist in Karachi - Dr. Ahsan Mujtaba Baig

Dr. Ahsan Mujtaba Baig - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology) | Karachi

review-stars

51 Positive Reviews

How was the pain like, sharp, or heaviness or burning? Any fever recently? Any medicine you’re taking? Any heart problem previously

Post Owner

Its sharp when I'm breathing or swallowing. And heaviness when I'm walking or like doing anything. No not recently but now I'm having chills with this pain today I took piroxicam (20mg) because I was having severe pain and this medicine was prescribed by my doc in 2017, when I had chest pain. I thought It may help in reducing pain. No I never had any heart problem

3 years ago

Cardiologist in Karachi - Dr. Ahsan Mujtaba Baig
Dr. Ahsan Mujtaba Baig - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology) | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 51 Positive Reviews

Get your Chest x-ray, CBC, CRP, ASOT and Echocardiogram. Meanwhile take Tab Brufen 400mg three times a day, Cap Risek 40mg before breakfast.

3 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi there,
Your symptoms seams to pericarditis or pleuritic. Which means pian related to an inflammation or soreness around the coverings of the heart or lungs. In your case it appears to be most likely around the heart and is recurrent. The pain in such cases is mostly in front of the chest we call it precordial or retrosternal. The pain is most of the time, but could be aching, dull, burning or pressing type. It's intensity varies, is worst while taking a deep breath in, lying flat or during swallowing. The pain is relieved with leaning forward.
Assosiated features may include fever, difficulty breathing and palpitations with fast heart rate.
In most of the cases the cause is not known or viral and is self limiting disease with pain killers only, ignore the long list in your case.
I would like to recommend for you an OPA with your local consultant Cardiologist. To further evaluate your case he or she will do the following investigations and then will plan further management
Lab; CBC, ESR, CRP, Kidney profiles and TFTS.
Cardiology investigations; ECG, CXR and Echocardiography.
Treatment in most of the cases is high dose NSAIDS (Pain killers)
In recurrent cases we need Colchicine
But if no response to pain killer plus Colchicine or if autoimmune then we try Steroids.
All the best.
Please let me know of the out come of your consultation and investigations results.
Regards

Cardiologist in Rahim Yar Khan - Prof. Dr. Syed Faizul Hassan

Prof. Dr. Syed Faizul Hassan - Cardiologist

MBBS, Diploma (Cardiology), MD (Cardiology) | Rahim Yar Khan

It doesn’t seem heart pain. Please get your chest X-ray and Blood test CBC to rule out chest infection.Take pain killer like Nuberol forte and Tab Lexatonil 3mg half tal at bed time Tab inderal 10mg 1+1+1.

Cardiologist in Rahim Yar Khan - Prof. Dr. Syed Faizul Hassan

Prof. Dr. Syed Faizul Hassan - Cardiologist

MBBS, Diploma (Cardiology), MD (Cardiology) | Rahim Yar Khan

Doesn’t seem heart pain . Please correct my previous text

Cardiologist in Peshawar - Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Irfan

Asst. Prof. Dr. Muhammad Irfan - Cardiologist

MBBS, FCPS (Cardiology) | Peshawar

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

Your pain seems to be due to inflammation of the esophagus or hiatus hernia. Does not seem to be cardiac. The accompanying anxiety is the cause for headache. Would suggest to keep the headend of your bed a little elevated. Tab motilium 10mg bd, cap esso 40 mg od and tab lexotanil 3 mg nocte.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories