Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Difference

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 26, Islamabad

hello, i am little bit confused,,just want to know from an expert what is the difference between bacterial and fungal skin infection? i mean to say what are the symptoms of both ?? red,swollen,hard type skin what it could be?? and if a cloth or by hand touch makes it even worse and more swollen redish and inflamed

Dermatologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Sana Younas

Asst. Prof. Dr. Sana Younas - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology) | Lahore

review-stars

1082 Positive Reviews

bacterial infections are usually with short history duration whereas fungal infections have relatively long history

Post Owner

thanks alot,,you mean to say fungal infections remains for a longer period of time

5 years ago

Dermatologist in Rawalpindi - Dr. Deeba Sattar Khan

Dr. Deeba Sattar Khan - Dermatologist

MBBS, DIP Dermatology (UK), PRP Expert | Rawalpindi

review-stars

88 Positive Reviews

Yes exactly fungal stays for longer periods. The one u r talking abt is most probably bacterial infection. But it's always good to take advice face to face from ur Dr.

Post Owner

after examining my skin,,why doc gives me both bacterial and fungal medicines,,how is it possible the infection is both bacterial and fungal at the same time

5 years ago

MBBS, DIP Dermatology (UK), PRP Expert | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 88 Positive Reviews

Sometimes due to self medication and late treatment there can be super added bacterial infection. So both can be together. Nothing weird abt it. Sometimes the picture isn't clear to Drs prefer giving both treatments too. U shld trust ur doc :-) I'm sure she won't lead to wrong. Regards

5 years ago

MBBS, DIP Dermatology (UK), PRP Expert | Rawalpindi | Book Appointment

review-stars 88 Positive Reviews

Sometimes due to self medication and late treatment there can be super added bacterial infection. So both can be together. Nothing weird abt it. Sometimes the picture isn't clear to Drs prefer giving both treatments too. U shld trust ur doc :-) I'm sure she won't lead to wrong. Regards

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

Fungal infection presents as a ring with central clearance, its itchy. Bacterial infection will present as painful swelling

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories