Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Dermatologist on Hirsutism, Hairs On Chin

person-avatar

Asking for Other, Female, 23 years old, Peshawar

female,age 23, weight 78kgs, was on isotretinoin 20mg medicine from last 1 year and 6 month, dermatologist prescribed this as she was having severe acne after 6 months of treatment she start noticing hair growth on chin and side burns but now this growth have become very fast, thick dark coarse black hair,does this problem have any relation to this medicine?? mensturation is normal and on time, no hair loss from scalp, hormones test, TsH, DHEA,TESTOSTERONE, PROLACTIN, results attached

Member of Marham-Forum

Dr. Kashif Ali please help.

Dermatologist in Peshawar - Dr. Kashif Ali

Dr. Kashif Ali - Dermatologist

MBBS, MSc Aesthetic Dermatology (Lon), MRCGP(CCT) UK, DDerm UK, MBCAM, DFSRH, DRCOG, MCFP, AAAMS | Peshawar

review-stars

29 Positive Reviews

Aoa, one of the side effects of use of tetracyclines for acne is facial hair in women. This is certainly secondary to medication you have been on for acne. You will need to go on anti-androgen medication to reverse the effects of this. Please consult me online I should be able to advise you some meds, you may need specific laser for your skin type for hair removal which we can recommend.

Member of Marham-Forum

one of the side effects of use of tetracyclines for acne is facial hair in women. This is certainly secondary to medication you have been on for acne. Please visit we will check and advise you laser treatment for reduction of hair growth and advise medicine after consultation.

Dermatologist in Lahore - Dr. Tahir Kamal

Dr. Tahir Kamal - Dermatologist

MBBS, FCPS (Dermatology), DDSC (UK) | Lahore

review-stars

104 Positive Reviews

just don't worry it's because of increased sensitivity of Hair receptors to enzyme which makes more conversion of Testesterone to dihydrotestosterone.i would advise LASER HAIR REMOVAL AND GET YOUR SERUM INSULIN LEVEL IN MORNING ALSO CHECKED.you are welcome to contact me or skinlife clinic to give solutions to your problem.Good luck

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Dermatologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories