Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on Cousin Marriage And Genetic Diseases

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Male 32, Multan

A protein c deficiency is running in my family.My elder sister marry to cousin and unfortunately her 3 children face neonatal purpura fulminans soon after birth and they could not survive and died within a month and one child(girl) alive only and healthy.Later on my sister face diabetes and heart problem and some psychological problems and severe depression and after all she develop deep vein thrombosis(DVT) and pulmonary embolis(PE) and she died in ICU.Now my family force me to marry my cousin.she is my double cousin.so my question is that,is this marriage is safe and healthy because protein c deficiency run in family???

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Mubashir Ahmed Malik

Dr. Mubashir Ahmed Malik - Diabetologist

MBBS, DTM&H (U.K), D.C.P (Pb), M.Med (S’Pore) | Lahore

review-stars

38 Positive Reviews

The best is to avoid Intercousin marriages, because of genetic issues. Explain this to your parents. Ask them to get genetic chromosomal study of proposed bride and yours.

Diabetologist in Lahore - Dr. Mubashir Ahmed Malik

Dr. Mubashir Ahmed Malik - Diabetologist

MBBS, DTM&H (U.K), D.C.P (Pb), M.Med (S’Pore) | Lahore

review-stars

38 Positive Reviews

It is further added heart and Vascular Diseases also run in families. and incidence increases many fold in inter cousin marriages.
Adopt healthy life style.

Member of Marham-Forum

Sir most of family members are uneducated and they are not ready to accept it.Blood cancer is also in our family history

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories