Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on I Think I May Have Pcos

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 20, Lahore

i am 20 years old right now...when i was almost 16 i started growing facial hair and like before that i already had excess hair on my body....and from about an year i have noticed weight gain (but that may also be because of not exercising as i am a medical student...i keep sitting all day) ....my periods come on time like on the correct date...but they are less in amount...and like in the past they used to last for 4 to 5 days...not they last only 3 days and a little spotting on 4th and 5th day....can you please tell me if i have pcos or not my mother says its just because i dont take proper diet and she doesn't let me go to the doctor for this problem

Endocrinologist in Karachi - Dr. Faisal Ilyas

Dr. Faisal Ilyas - Endocrinologist

MBBS, Masters (Diabetologist/Endocrinologist) | Karachi

review-stars

15 Positive Reviews

Kindly visit any of my clinics.
Schedule of clinics is attached.
Thanks

Post Owner

thats the problem i cant visit the doctor...can you please tell me from my symptoms

4 years ago

Post Owner

seriously this was of no help

4 years ago

Homeopath in Lahore - Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq

Dr. Muhammad Umar Farooq - Homeopath

DHMS, RHMP | Lahore

review-stars

65 Positive Reviews

It might be cause of pcos and diet issue. It is confirmed by you complete abdominal ultrasound so better is to go for labs andm then take appointment through marham

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Dr. Shehzad Ul Haq

Dr. Shehzad Ul Haq - Endocrinologist

MD, FACE, Diplomate American Board of Endocrinology, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

686 Positive Reviews

Yes it sound very much in line with PCOS
Least you can do is to get your BMI around 20

Endocrinologist in Lahore - Dr. Zeeshan Javed

Dr. Zeeshan Javed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MD (USA), PhD Medical Sciences (UK), Specialty Certificate in Endocrinology & Diabetes, Diploma Endocrinology & Diabetes | Lahore

review-stars

202 Positive Reviews

Hi there. You are not fulfilling the criteria for PCOS at the moment. Hair growth could be normal. I agree with your mother that you are not taking care of yourself in terms of diet and gaining weight which could disturb your periods. So best thing would be to maintain your BMI below 25 with some exercise at least three time weekly.

Post Owner

Thank you so much....i can try exercise and see change in my periods...and improve my diet.

4 years ago

Endocrinologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK) | Abbottabad

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

Hi. Watch my video for further details on hirsutism and PCOS https://youtu.be/5_iFiNi7vGA. Make appointment if you want to discuss and make a plan for diagnosis and treatment.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories