Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Endocrinologist on *Title:* Stopped Thyroxine 1 Year Ago -Thyroid, Hair Fall, Pale Skin, Stomach Pain

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 16 years old, Islamabad

Hello Doctor,

I am 16 years old female. I have had hypothyroidism for 9 years.

Earlier when I was out of the country, I used to get blood tests done every month and my doctor would adjust my Thyroxine dose. I was on Thyroxine 100 mg. I stopped taking it 1 year ago on my own.

For the last few months I am having these issues: - Pale skin color - Hair fall - Stomach pain - I had typhoid fever a few months ago but did not get tested. I think I may have a stomach infection. - Weight: 52 kg - Previous blood tests showed: Red/White blood cells, Calcium, and Vitamins [mention normal/abnormal if you know]

Right now I am not able to get any tests done.

Please guide me what I should do. Should I restart Thyroxine 100 mg? What are the risks of stopping it for 1 year?

Thank you.

Attach Photo here: