Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on ALT Raised In Pregnancy

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Karachi

Aoa please post as ANONYMOUS I am 34 weeks pregnant, got moderate itching in 32+ weeks, got my LFTs done, ALT was raised i.e. 142, (normal range 0 to 36), doctor advised to cut oil from diet, i followed, got it checked again at the end of 34th week, it reduced to 120, now doctor advised URSO (ursodeoxycholic acid) capsule 250mg twice daily, I want VBAC this time, gap is 3 years, edd is 12 july, My question is, should i take that tablet until 40 weeks or not? because last tome when it was 142,doctor didn't advise tablet, this time she did i am confused, Will it help me in vbac? Will it bring me early labour than expected? Or are there any side effects?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

She started this tablet for a condition called obstetric cholestasis , which is associated with a risk of still birth, so she will plan ur delivery at thirty seven plus weeks, if u go into spontaneous labour at that time then fine , u can have a trial for vbac but if not , then better to have an elective Caesarian at 37 weeks after steroid cover , . Also ur pregnancy needs to be monitored regularly by regular antenatal visits every week with doppler Usg and LFTS

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry
Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 103 Positive Reviews

Especially bile acids

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

227 Positive Reviews

Aoa
by now u shud b knowing tht y r ur liver enzymes elevated...how much is ur BP?along wth ALT also do ur uric acid and platelet count...TAKE the tablet...better to consult a gastroentrologist...and plz imp is not how u deliver -imp is ur life and life of ur baby...so do as ur obstetrician advises...and also go for an abdominal scan to c any changes in the liver appearance...

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

Thanks this treatment has nothing to do with mode of delivery LFT raised in pregnancy so don’t worry VBAC depends upon the situation and the reason for first cs you do what your doctor suggested

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories