Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Continuous Vaginal Discharge

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Uk

I’ve vaginal discharge from last 4 years. It’s continuous and wouldn’t stop. It just keep changing colour. sometimes thick ivory or just clear thin. I’ve completed 5-6 times antibiotic course. And used a tablet that doctor gave me to put inside. With a cream to use around that area. But nothing would help. 1 had swabs many times and cervical screening too but they only say it’s thrush . One doctor said some women have this throughout their life. And one doctor from Pakistan said medicine don’t work on me because my immune system is weak. It might take me a year to visit Pakistan again. But I really need a medicine that could cure it in a way so it never comes back again. Thank you so much

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

479 Positive Reviews

Are you not in Pakistan? There is no permanent cure of vaginal discharge. You need to get antibiotics or antifungal depending on culture report.

Post Owner

No doctor. I’m currently in London :(

4 years ago

Post Owner

Thank you so much respected doctors. I really appreciate your help. May Allah give you best reward. Ameen

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear vagina having its normal pH which is maintained By its natural organism in proper proportion. If this proportion gets disbalanced then pathogenic flora increase in proportion and disturb pH of vagina that increase further risks of infections again so this vicious cycle continues and if due to recurrent antibiotics or treatment normal flora gets affected then also risk of reinfection increases.
-Vagina having its normal secretions as well its amount sometime increase due to stress,Excitement, orgasm, hormonal change, at ovulation, fertilization, implantation and due to family history of increase normal vaginal Etc.
-infectious secretion is not normal it can cause irritation, smell, colour change,local pain etc.
-if body gets resistance to recurrent antibiotics then also no affect of that particular antibiotics and risks of reinfection increases.
-have long term precautions to avoid recurrent infection.
-have strict hygiene.
-sitz warm baths recurrently in a day,
-use neem soap or water of neem leaves for bath.
-have condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection.
-avoid creams and cosmetics locally and use clean water to wash area and soft razor to remove unwanted hairs.
-have clotrimazole pessary per vaginal one on 3 alternate nights to expel infection out.
-have complete treatment of any health issue u have. Especially diabetes.
-have balanced diet.
-send hvs report here if want discussion or with having severe symmptoms still.
-best of luck.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

U need to increase ur immunity by taking multivitamins , and calcium and vit d supplements, also take a course of antifungal s, with flagyl , InshaaAllah u will be fine. Also stop wearing tight synthetic undergarments and tight jeans for some time

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories