Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Delay In Montly Periods

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 25, Rawalpindi

I have had acne problem since long for which I used oratane 20mg tablets for a month, daily one tablet. the treatment was prescribed by a doctor for a month only. i had my periods last month on the regular date, starting from the 24th of December. Up till now I have not had my periods this month. Kindly provide me awareness if this delay is a side effect of the medicine or not. Thank you!

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear Many factors can Delay Periods like sudden weight gain or weight loss strict diet , Sterneous Exercise ,illness ,medications ,hormonal imbalance ,hormonal intake etc .
-medication u have taken for Acne associated with vit A affects steroids production and menstrual cycle is regulated by body steroids so it might possible that periods get affected as o mentioned Above .
-u can have menstrual induction (tab primolute N 10mgs twice daily for 5dats and wait for periods for 1-2wks )but it's better not to have .
-as body also need some break from medications that can affect body steroids so better to heal it up with out inducing hormones Now .wait fir some time then u can have menstrual induction as i mentioned .
-have balanced Diet ,weight and Bmi .
-lots of fruits ,vegetables and plenty of water to take .
-now use herbal treatment locally for acne .
-have low salt,spice ,oil and suger in diet .
-try to have hone made food .
- have multani mud mask daily twice at face to reduce oil from face that gradually will reduce acne .
- after primolute N with drawal bleed next cycle could be unpredictable as these are also hormones and can affect or irregulate periods but gradually in 2-3cycles it should get normal.
-have complete regular balanced treatment of all health issues.
-best of Luck.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories