Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Fetal Development

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 33 years old, Uae

Hi, i have 2 kids, 1 son, 1 daughter My son is completely fine nd healthy by birth alhumdolillah Bt my daughter has bilateral hydronephrosis since birth aftr she got treated Now m again pregnant, i am taking folic acid 5 mg Once daily Its my First month of preg, my ques is 5mg folic acid is enough to prevent any fetal development disorders or should i go for highr dose ? Moreover i hav statrd taking folic acid about 4 mnths ago as my gyne prescribed it to take even before getting preg to avoid any child development issues

Gynecologist in Bahawalpur - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shahida Zareen

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shahida Zareen - Gynecologist

MBBS, DG (Austria) | Bahawalpur

review-stars

31 Positive Reviews

You can take adfolic tab and go for chorionic villous sampling

Member of Marham-Forum

Hi! I hope you are doing good. I am really sorry to hear about your daughter. This can be challenging and really stressful and I understand it's totally normal to be worried about thr next pregnancy. You are right about Folic Acid - It is prescribed to avoid any fetal neurological development defects during the pregnancy. Having said that, it's very unlikely that Lack of Folic Acid had caused bilateral hydronephrosis because it cause nervous system disorders not renal system. You can take folic acid there is no harm. However, to look for other developmental abnormalities there are some other methods Available too including Anomaly Scan, Chorionic Villous Sampling (CVS), Fetal Monitoring, Amniocentesis etc. Which one is suitable and recommended for you depends on your previous maternity history, pregnancy timeline and complications. If you need any further help regarding this feel free to get in touch. Will be more than happy to help you out.

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Munam

Dr. Abdul Munam - General Physician

MBBS, Member of American College of Physician | Lahore

review-stars

388 Positive Reviews

For proper consultation and addressing the issue , click my profile book FREE 200 consultation (video / audio)

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Nagina Bibi

Asst. Prof. Dr. Nagina Bibi - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS, FCPS, MRCP (Ireland), DGO | Lahore

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

5mg is optimum dose

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment