Home Search Menu Profile

Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Fungal Urinary Tract Infection And Fluconazole Resistance In Urine Culture

person-avatar

Asking for Mother, Female, 59 years old, Rawalpindi

Salam Dr's, I need expert opinion for my mother Fungal UTI case.

My mother got a femur fracture few months ago cause of Rod Dislocation she was on bed rest for Three months and she was catheterized for 2months and cause of infection in bone she was prescribed with Sulzone IV 1month. After that was on Nezkil tablet for 1week. After 2 months improvement the catheter was removed. After 1month of catheter removal she was feeling frequent urination issue and some urine burning feelings. The lady dr advised her 5days antibiotic course of ceftriaxone 2g IV for 5days. after that urine burning issue was cured but the frequent urination was same like before like most of time she urinate like every hour even sometimes every half an hour. After 7days of ceftriaxone 2g we were suggested to have urine culture and RE (attached) . Her RE came and it showed WBC and Hemoglobin and two days later the Culture report (attached) came and it showed heavy growth of candida albicans and Fluconazole Resi

Gynecologist in Faisalabad - Dr. Sadia Ali

Dr. Sadia Ali - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | | Faisalabad

review-stars

42 Positive Reviews

Dear there is severe urinary tract infection secondary to prolong use of catheter.. Plz rule.out diabetes in ur mother.. There are many antifungals which can be given other than fluconazole.. First improve her health status,drink alot of water daily any eat fresh fruits ,vegetables and meat daily..once immunocompromised status is recovered,her fungal infection will resolve.

Post Owner

No she is not debatic her and almost all tests are fine just having bladder thick wall cause of infection dr said. she just having high uric acid. started 7 days antifungal medicine course as per dr advise hope she will recover fully i was worried as Fluconazole only less toxic drug to treat this case. thank you for your advise dr

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

218 Positive Reviews

Aoa
in my opinion u shud c a nephrologist/ urologist fr expert opinion...
best of luck...

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Uzma Mohsen

Dr. Uzma Mohsen - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

85 Positive Reviews

This is not a gynaecologic issue. Consult Nephrologist, if advised by Nephrologist then u may consult gynaecologist.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-she is having urine infection no doubt but in females vaginal and perineal secretion could easily mix with urine while collecting urine Sample.
- she should have check for vaginal swab and then clotrimazole vaginal pessary need to be given on 3 alternate nights to Expell infection out.
-have plenty of water Crain berry juice to avoid infection.
- check for symmptoms if still Uti symmptoms persist then better to have consultation with Physicien and surgeon did surgery.
-strict hygeine.soft comfortable undergarments.
-best of luck.

Post Owner

thank you dr will follow your advise

4 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist