Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on High Prolactin (Unmarried)

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Karachi

My prolactin level is 49.53 now, last year it was around 32. My periods became irregular last year and prolactin level was the issue. The ultrasound also showed polycystic ovaries (which i believe happened due to missed cycles caused by high prolactin). I started inositol 2000 mg and vitex 500 mg regularly and got periods every month but again this month i didn't get periods and the test showed high prolactin.

Is it okay if I start low dose Cabergoline (0.5mg or 0.25 mg once a week). I also had high prolactin issues in childhood that causes irregular periods. I want to regulate my cycles asap as I'm getting married soon.

I consulted to a gynae online who told me to do MRI but I'm scared of MRI and can't go for it right now as I'm out of country. If the reports are already showing high prolactin even with continuous vitex intake, can I start low dose cabergoline without MRI?

Please suggest.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Bazegha Akhtar

Dr. Bazegha Akhtar - Gynecologist

| MBBS | MCPS (Gynecology & Obstetrics) |,FCPS, MRCP, MRCOG, FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

8 Positive Reviews

First of all we should find cause of high prolactin level. MRI for pituitary gland adenoma is must which is a common cause secondly do your thyroid function tests do TSH level it is a. blood test . If TSh is high treatment is different . .


0

0

Attach Photo here: