Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Investigating PCOS

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Islamabad

Dear Dr, i won't take long to discuss my issue . I'm inquisitive so kindly explain it in detail.

I had elective laproscopic cholecystectomy. During my pre op assessment i was asked if I had regular a regular pattern . I ignored it but after the surgery and repeat scans for follow up i learned from my radiologist i had signs of PCOS and I should get checked.

The gynae took detail history since i couldn't find endocrinologist. And wrote me fee tests which are in process. Phase one is done phase two and then pelvic scans.

In the mean time she prescribed me primolut N and glucophage.

My question is should I continue glucophage when I'm not officially diagnosed yet. And that I'm not even diabetic. Lastly, I've added my phase 1 reports if if i could get detailed interpretation that be helpful i can't manage time to conduct my research and self study.

Thank you for your time.

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Hania Hamid

Dr. Hania Hamid - General Physician

MBBS | Multan

review-stars

6 Positive Reviews

on history your doc suspect u as case of polycystic ovaries..ur investigation r normal.on scan they found pco.
tab glucophage will help u to have regular cycle even u r not diabetic.
tab primolut N will regularize ur cycle

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Sabahat Khan

Dr. Sabahat Khan - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In (Obstetrics & Gynecology), CHPE, Advanced Diploma in Assisted Reproductive Technique (IVF) and Reproductive Medicine | Lahore

review-stars

24 Positive Reviews

You have been advised correct medication suspecting a case of Polycystic ovaries. But in addition lifestyle modifications have a key role

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Wajid

Dr. Rabia Wajid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

Glucophage will help you in resolving metabolic issues related to PCOS and Primulut N will regulate you cycle.
Apart grom that you also need life style modifications

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

225 Positive Reviews

Aoa
1-glucophage is fr reducing the insulin resistance tht if present deranges the LH and FSH
2-y primalut N?
3-prolactin is a lil above normal:wch can also cause delayed or absent cycles
4-wt about thyroid profile

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories