Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Late Periods

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 24 years old, Islamabad

Aao, my periods are 9days late today and it has happened for the first time. Before this, they have been very regular. As advised by the doctors on Marham, I got my bHCG blood test done on 7th day of my missed period and the reports came out negative (<1.20 mIU/mL). I took many home pregnancy tests too and they were all negative too. Doctors on this forum advised me to take Primolut n if the test is negative, so can you please suggest me the dosage of this medicine for inducing periods. Thank you!

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

9 Positive Reviews

Thanks you can take primolut -n 5 mg twice daily for five days nd wait for one week for periods to come

Is it safe to start primolut from today? I mean what are the chances that I am pregnant but took the blood test too early to detect HCG?

I don't want to conceive but I am just concerned that if it's too early to detect hcg and start primolut or is it safe?

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain
Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 9 Positive Reviews

Bhcg detected in the blood sometime even before missed period it is so specific nd should be there after seven days of missed periods nd there is no harm if you take primolut the period will come if you are not pregnant nd viseversa

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

Wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear in my opinion if beta hcg is negative then u can have tab primolute N 10 mgs 8 hrly for 5-7 days and wait for periods for 2 wks.
-if u are over due for periods and beta hcg negative than can have medications.
-best of luck.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

102 Positive Reviews

5 mg TDS for 7 days , but better to wait for another few days , repeat ur pregnancy test , if still negative , then take primulut n for withdrawal bleeding

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

218 Positive Reviews

Aoa
First rule out pregnancy to b on the safe side...repeat ur serum bHCG...if again negative then u can use tab gynacosid 2 tabs orally 12 hours apart...all these progesterones wont affect ur pregnancy in case u r pregnant -in sha Allah...
Good luck

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories