Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Low Amniotic Fluid At 35 Weeks With GD

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Karachi

Hi. I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant and have amniotic fluid 8.7, baby weight is 1.79 and have gestational diabetes as well. Growth is under 3 centile. Doctor said to prepare myself for delivery at 36 weeks because of low amniotic fluid. But from my research, amniotic fluid b/w 8-25 is normal. Is she right in suggesting so?

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Munam

Dr. Abdul Munam - General Physician

MBBS, Member of American College of Physician | Lahore

review-stars

390 Positive Reviews

Aoa !
your weight ? and any medicine you are using ?

General Physician in Multan - Dr. Muhammad Mudasir Saleem

AOA ma'am ye sb apko usg se pta chla he? can you share that usg?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Wajeeha Nadeem

Asst. Prof. Dr. Wajeeha Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) | Lahore

not at all... u r rite amniotic fluid is fine... 2nd u r diabetic not before 38 weeks... 2nd weight is less why at 36 ... u just need vigilant monitoring

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Faiza Memon

Dr. Faiza Memon - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCOG 2 | Karachi

review-stars

45 Positive Reviews

Hello , how are you doing currently? Growth centile a or below 3 is very less growth. We need to moniter baby for ctg and doppler ultrasound( blood flow to baby) . how is your blood pressure? You can take my appointment for second opinion. Take care

Post Owner

Hi, everything is ok mashaAllah. I've been under constant vigilance since 32 weeks. I was admitted, had multiple ctgs done and given dexa. After that I went for alternate ctg for 10 days and after that doctor asked me to get ctg done twice a week. But now she has suddenly sprung on me that it's best to deliver baby at 36 weeks instead of 37 which was previously decided (due to diabetes doctor didn't plan on 40 weeks). I don't have BP issues.

1 week ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Nudrat Zehra

Dr. Nudrat Zehra - Gynecologist

MBBS, Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MRCOG (1 & 2) | Karachi

review-stars

1 Positive Reviews

i don't know about what ur dr thinks...but what I know is u need doppler ultrasound ,biophysical profile and ctg monitoring to check for baby as growth is below 3rd centile...and if still baby growth lacking in next 2 week ,,with monitoring u need delivery at 37 weeks with dexa cover...assuming all ur history ,labs,other parameter of ultrasound is normal ..otherwise I feel its better u visit me, as I need to know ur all case in details to advise properly,,as half information can be dangerous

Post Owner

I have to go for Doppler and growth scan tomorrow and then doctor will decide whether to admit me for delivery or not. I was previously admitted at 32 weeks for monitoring and was given 2 dexa injections in preparation for early delivery whenever required. I was going for alternate ctg for 10 days then twice a week. At 32 weeks baby weight was 1.4 and at 35 weeks it is 1.79, I think it's good progress even if it's less than 3 centile coz this means growth is happening. My main delivery date was already 37 weeks due to sugar but now doctor thinks it's best to do it at 36 weeks. I'm just concerned about premature baby.

1 week ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Sanum Asif

Asst. Prof. Dr. Sanum Asif - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

3 Positive Reviews

better to repeat scan at 36weeks ,USG with Doppler to see blood supply toward baby n steroid cover definitely n next plan of action ,time n mode of delivery depend on ur USG n Doppler report

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Abdul Munam

Dr. Abdul Munam - General Physician

MBBS, Member of American College of Physician | Lahore

review-stars

390 Positive Reviews

Aoa !
your weight ? and any medicine you are using ?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rashida Ijaz

Dr. Rashida Ijaz - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology)* | Lahore

yes

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist