Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pain In Pelvis

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Rawalpindi

Im 31 years old, unmarried lady. A pco patient for last 4 and a half years, gone thru a lot of treatments but all in vain. I have 3mm fibroid in uterus as well. For last 4 to 5 months im feeling pain and pressure in pelvis, severe pain while urinating, and excessive discharge, its watery most of the time but at times a lil bit thick as well Plz guide me are these problem due to fibroid or do i have kind of infection.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

- Wellcome and thanks for preffering icliniq for your health consultation.
- polycystic ovaries are hormonal imbalance that can affect body all over can give u growth of abnormal hairs growth ,weight gain and irregular Scanty Periods .
- so that's why need healthy life style ,some diet precautions and physical activities.
- for lower abdominal pain it could be pelvic Infection Actually that can give u discharge if it's irritative .
-heavy discharge Could be due to genetically ( family history of excessive discharge) ,duringdifferent phases of Menstrual Cycle,during stress / anxiety / over work.In married ladies infection check by having vaginal swab but for u as unmarried can have test if secretion coming out from vagina if possible.other wise just take precautions and medications as I am advising Below .
- have healthy diet with less salt ,suger,oil and spice .
- have daily walk ,regular Exercise ,try to have Normal BMI and weight .
- have recreational activities and try to have complete check and treatment of any health issue u have .
- strict local hygeine .
- try to avoid fluids away from house and have plenty of fluids during late after noon .
- check any leakage of urine and maintain bladder diary ( input and output chart and have pelvic floor exercises and try to avoid Constipation ) .
- have tab doxycycline 100 mgs and tab metronidazole 400 mgs 8 hrly for 7 -14 days .
- I hope things would be better after acting on all above Exercises.
- I hope things would be better.
- best of Luck.

Post Owner

Ok thank u maam.

Can fibroid be dangerous ?

5 years ago

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

Answered

From: reply=marham.pk@connect.marham.pk <reply=marham.pk@connect.marham.pk> on behalf of MARHAM <reply@marham.pk>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 11:45:10 AM
To: Uzma Mohsin
Subject: Pain In Pelvis (Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old - Rawalpindi)

Dear Dr. Uzma Mohsin,
Question:
Im 31 years old, unmarried lady. A pco patient for last 4 and a half years, gone thru a lot of treatments but all in vain. I have 3mm fibroid in uterus as well. For last 4 to 5 months im feeling pain and pressure in pelvis, severe pain while urinating, and
excessive discharge, its watery most of the time but at times a lil bit thick as well Plz guide me are these problem due to fibroid or do i have kind of infection.

How to Reply:

Visit: https://www.marham.pk/forum/gynecologist/pain-in-pelvis-12542
OR: Reply this email.

--
Thank You,

Marham - Find, Ask and Consult Doctors

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Nazli Hameed

Prof. Dr. Nazli Hameed - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS, FRCOG (UK) , Fellow in Assisted Conception (UK) & Urogynecology (SG), Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery (FR) | Lahore

review-stars

1072 Positive Reviews

It could be both. Need to see and decide

Post Owner

Can fibroid be dangerous ?

5 years ago

Member of Marham-Forum

First confirm the diagnosis of PCOS. It is being over diagnosed.
Send your hormone reports. What is your body weight.

Post Owner

Sir over diagnosed mean?
I dont have any fresh hormonal reports . Earlier my tsh, fsh and lh all reports were normal.
My current weight is 48 kg

5 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed
Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 11 Positive Reviews

what are your fears associated with fibroids?
the scan doesn't mention anything about the size of it. These are innocent in nature unless big in size and usual symptoms are heavy irregular bleeding or pressure symptoms and again it depends on number and size.
given normal hormone profile and normal BMI its very unlikely you have correct diagnosis of PCO .i totally concur with Dr Kango this is over-diagnosed condition in Pakistan for various reasons.
any h/o irregular periods
any facial hairs etc these are also important determinants of diagnosis of PCO more so along with FSH/LH you can have free androgen index to establish PCO diagnosis.
reading your post it is imperative to rule out genital infections, most common cause for pain discharge if at all you need to do anything is have high vaginal swab before considering treatment WITH ANTIBIOTICS
as assessment (pelvic) by a gynaecologist is suggested
neither pco or solitary small fibroid should cause vaginal discharge
hope this helps

5 years ago

Post Owner

Thank u sir. I have irregular periods. Means i experience pre menstrual spotting for some days every month before regular periods. Alhumdulilah i don't have missing periods, i don't have facial hair. Earlier i had acne but not severe one and alhumdulilah it has also gone

5 years ago

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-dear fibroid what u have mentioned is 3mm !!!!!
-betterr have rescan and have proper report for ovaries and firboid with expertise hands.
-fibroids could be symmptomatic but need to check exact size ,local and reevaluation.
-better have healthy precautions and then check what symmptoms u still feel after those .
-do have medications for suspected pelvic infection.

Post Owner

Maam im suffering from pre menstrual spotting for upto 8 days. Is it a symptom of pco or fibroid? Not a single dr whom i visited answered my this query

5 years ago

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-Dear it's better to have fresh reports.
-have blood tests on day 2periids (prolectin , Progesterone, testoterone,fsh and lh ,insulin ,thyroid function test ,.
Excessive prolong bleeding can be due to fibroid actually .
-pco petients normally get Scanty periods .
-i don't want to give hormones now other wise oral Contraceptive pills can regulate cycle and can reduce length if periods but better have tests and scan and report.
-best of luck.

Homeopath in Karachi - Dr. Shama Muzaffar

Dr. Shama Muzaffar - Homeopath

DHMS | Karachi

review-stars

166 Positive Reviews

dear
my reply has been deleted by mistake
contact me through Marhum
everything will be fine
In shaa Allah

Attach Photo here: