Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pcos- Report Interpretation

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female, 24 Years old, khi

Can someone pls explain explain these reports to me? I have pcos since 2016 and have been taking piozer 15 mg and glucophage 250 mg which are both insulin sensitisers without any test, my dr never gave me any insulin or sugar test but prescribed medicines however the cycles did get regular with it. I’ve currently stopped taking both these medicines since two months and changed my dr and went to a gynaecologist for conceiving as I’ve got married so she told me to get these tests done, the insulin and fasting sugar is normal so does that still mean I’m insulin resistant? My dr told me that she’s going to give me a more strong dose of glucophage around 1000 mg. I’m confused since these tests here have showed normal levels and I’ve been taking these medicines since 6 years ! Was this treatment correct or not? Pls advise

Gastroenterologist in Karachi - Prof. Dr. Ghulam Ali Mundrawala

Prof. Dr. Ghulam Ali Mundrawala - Gastroenterologist

MBBS, MD (Medicine), MCPS (Forensic Medicine) | Karachi

review-stars

742 Positive Reviews

ws what about ultra sound report
hba1c
and androgen level

Post Owner

I have u/s report not the other two blood tests, also the reports I’ve posted above are they okay?

2 years ago

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Dr. Farwa Qasim Pt

Dr. Farwa Qasim Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT Neurorehabilitation, posture & gait training (UK) Sports kinesio taping (UK) Dry needling/Acupuncture (UK) Mulligan techniques (BHR) Osteopathy techniques (CAN) ICU Physiotherapy (UK) Hijama therapist (Unani Tib medical college) General & chronic disease prevention, fitness & health guide (DM,HTN,PCOS,Fatty liver,Dementia, fibromyalgia) (UHS)(UK) | Lahore

review-stars

21 Positive Reviews

Sis pcos is very common problem. More than 60% women doesn't need any medication to treat it becoz it eventually get regular and normal in few years after teen. Other percentage of women may need medications for no more than 3-6 months as they make your blood thick and cause medicine dependence n your natural hormone level never gets stable without medicines then. There are very few percentage of women of PCOS who actually need long term medicines n they get difficulty in conceiving as well later in life.... Get your online appointment with me through merham so that I could help you better and naturally in sha Allah. Take your health serious and dont get too much in medicines this could effect your marital life as well.

Post Owner

I have been told by every doctor that they’ll never go and I’d have to take medicines forever! Can you pls ans my question regarding the reports are they okay or not? Specially the insulin and blood glucose

2 years ago

Physiotherapist in Lahore - Dr. Farwa Qasim Pt
Dr. Farwa Qasim Pt - Physiotherapist

DPT Neurorehabilitation, posture & gait training (UK) Sports kinesio taping (UK) Dry needling/Acupuncture (UK) Mulligan techniques (BHR) Osteopathy techniques (CAN) ICU Physiotherapy (UK) Hijama therapist (Unani Tib medical college) General & chronic disease prevention, fitness & health guide (DM,HTN,PCOS,Fatty liver,Dementia, fibromyalgia) (UHS)(UK) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 21 Positive Reviews

you reports doesn't shows any diabetes. However you were taking medicines for a long time and now have to conceive so be careful while consulting doctors. If you are not satisfied with your current doctor try somebody else becoz your reports are normal.

Major source of your hormonal disturbance is your anxiety, stress and irregular meals and sleep time. focus on them more

2 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories