Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Period,contraceptive Pill

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 23 years old, Karachi

A.o.a...I'm 23 yrs old and I have to go for umrah just after my marriage.. I need an opinion can I take oral contraceptive to delay my menstrual cycle for those days and is there any chance of sideeffect in my near future regarding pregnancy What is better option either to take contraceptive pill or to delay my umrah flight...plz ans me as soon as possible

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Urooj Yasir Khan

Dr. Urooj Yasir Khan - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) | | Islamabad

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

WasWhen is your Umrah flight and what is your expected date of periods?

Post Owner

Flight chances may be of 26 Jan to 1 Feb and my date is 9th of every month

5 years ago

General Physician in Lahore - Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed

Dr. Kashif Ijaz Ahmed - General Physician

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

norethisterone/ Primolut N 5 mg 3 times /day start 3-4 days prior to the onset of periods till the desired time socially acceptable for periods

Post Owner

This surely not cause any problem in future or for my further next month cycle??

5 years ago

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

widely prescribed for given indication and licenced for period delay in UK

Member of Marham-Forum

Thanks for ur help sir

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Urooj Yasir Khan

Dr. Urooj Yasir Khan - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) | | Islamabad

review-stars

30 Positive Reviews

My suggestion would be that if u want to take pills u should start them from second day of your period had continue taking the white pills till the day u return. Do not interrupt or miss the white pills coz that can cause breakthrough bleeding. Also if u start taking primolut for delaying periods just few days before that is risky coz you could be pregnant and those are not safe in pregnancy.So the contraceptive pills will prevent pregnancy and can be continued till the time u come back.Otherwise if you dont want to take ocp then there is no other safe option considering the dates you will be traveling in.Its good to consult a gynaecologist 

Member of Marham-Forum

Does Ocp in future may cause any serious problems regarding pregnancy?

MBBS, MRCP (UK), MRCP (E), MRGP (UK), FRSPH, CCT (UK), Family Medicine, PGDip (London), PGDip Diabetes (USW) | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 11 Positive Reviews

ocps have more risk profile than progestogens saying that they are also an option they usually take a bit long time .by the way if you use this forum for window shopping you can get appropriate help best is see any clinician near your place its worth paying and fave face to face consult for reassurance

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories