Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Period Duration

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 31 years old, Islamabad

Hi, I am turning 31 this month. From the past few months the duration of ny period have reduced to 2 days, I bleed for two days and then its over. A little background I started bleeding when I was 8 year old and then I also have a history of PCOS abd slightly elevated thyroid. I got thyroid and PCOS bofh fixed. A few years ago. I am obese by 10kgs although I am physically active and trying to lose weight. Also I have had two miser carriages in 2016. I am not married anymore and not sexually active since 2017. Is short duration of periods an alarming concern? Am I leading to menupause, should I consult a physician?

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

223 Positive Reviews

Aoa
😊 cmon...dont think of those negative levels...
u do one thing get urself scanned...a detailed pelvic scan ll giv u pic of ur ovarian morphology...
then u can do day 2 LH and FSH,serum testosterone and prolactin.theres no harm in going for thyroid profile too.
sumtimes jus being over weight is the root cause of cycle ir regularity...so its good to know tht u r on weight reducing regimes.
and aft doing all these invx u can go for ur local OBG consultant...
all the best...

Gynecologist in Lahore - Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif

Prof. Dr. Shamayela Hanif - Gynecologist

MBBS , FCPS , MRCOG (Obstetrics & Gynecology) , Diploma (Health Professions Education) , FRCOG | Lahore

review-stars

479 Positive Reviews

It’s most likely due to pcod. Try to reduce weight and that will improve blood flow.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear most of the signs and symmptoms due to hormonal imbalance due to polycystic Ovaries.
-have healthy diet, weight and Bmi and complete treatment of any health issue u have.
-daily walk, yoga and Exercise.
-strict Control on suger, blood pressure and thyriod levels.
-have Dietition review and help from Jim instructor to loose weight.
-try to have recent pelvic scan for ovaries and blood tests (progesterone, prolectin, fsh And lh, thyroid
function test, testosterone, insulin) on Day 2 of periods.
-follow with reports.
-u can have Diane. 30 cyclically for 3 cycles To regulate periods.
-best of luck.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories