Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Periods After Delivery

person-avatar

Asking For Self, Female 27, Lahore

I gave birth to a baby girl on 1st dec and 40 days were completed on 10th January. I tried to breast fed my baby but my feed was equal to zero and she didnt take either bcz hospital put her on feeder. (Her birth weight was 4 kg and doc said she will have low blood sugar blah blah feed her immediately and they put her on feeder and she never tried to take my feed again. I pumped for 15 to days only to give her whatever came (max 40 ml).

Before conceiving my doc said my egg size is not big enough and my ovaries seems like pcos.(went to her bcz my cycle length changed from 28 days to 35 days) She gave me ovafin to start. But Alhumdulillah i never took that medicine and conceived right away.

Now my question in when should i expect my periods to come back bcz i m not feeding her. can they be delayed bcz i pumped milk for some time. Plz answer considering the issue for which doc gave me med.

Thanks

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-well come and thanks for preffering Marham for Your health Consultation.
-Dear your question regarding your periods ,it's Delay and delay due to feeding etc.
- After baby's birth actually due to hormonal effects fertility increases and Menses start depends on your body 's reponse to Your Cyclic reproductive Horomes if all produce properly in proper Amount and scequence .
- so it depends on your body that after pregnancy it recovered From PolyCystic Ovarian syndrome or not .
- if Breast pump used for emptying Breasts then it might delay periods a bit if all hormones of menstrual cycle producing well.
- in ladies don't have history of Pco if do breast feeding then periods get delayed for 6 months or even a year depends on every one 's body Physiology /genetics and hormonal response .
- just wait and watch how it happens !!
- have balanced diet with less salt ,suger ,oil and spice.
- have Daily walk ,Exercise ,yoga and try to have Normal Bmi , and weight .
- if still feed there better try to feed baby and Empty breast Even if not sucking with pump it is help ful to avoid Pco actually on long term basis .
- baby is not Even two months old so try to feed ,have normal Bmi by reducing weight and try to follow up after 6-9 months .
- if not feed and even after trying ( Expelling Milk No Feed then use condoms if not want to concieve now again).Do have scan after 3-4 months for PolyCystic Ovaries if Observe abnormal hairs Growth and weight gain as these are Signs and Symmptoms of PCO .
- follow up with scan .
-dont try to have any hormonal Treatment now as no need and body in phase of hormonal Change .
- I hope U get My point .
- Best of Luck.
-

Post Owner

i was not producing enough feed and baby was not latching bcz hospital put her on feeder. she was not latching so i didnt produce enough. i tried pumping for 15 to 20 days to give her my feed through bottle.

so i can expect delay in my periods? and when i should go to doctor if my periods do not come?

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

better after 3 months with transVaginal scan follow here .
till then have precautions as I advised above and use condoms if want to avoid Pregnancy.

5 years ago

Post Owner

Jazak Allah Doctor

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist