Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Periods And Pregnancy Problem

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 21 years old, Lahore

My lmp was 12 feb i went to Dr Tahira Fatima fauji foundation hospital She priscribe me to take dupaston 2 times for five days and wait for periods to come and on second day for period take clomitab for 5 days and on the 7 day of cycle take gonadil F for 7 days and after one week again dupaston she said if u get pregnant dupaston saves your pregnancy if not then again periods will come I want to ask if i get pregnant should i stop taking this medicine course ? And with this medicines she gave me MOM C 1 time daily and Rimona 2 times daily for month should I continue these two tablets for next month and should b taken on pregnancy or not? Plz tell me in detail because I forgot to ask her

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry

Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore

review-stars

103 Positive Reviews

Once u r pregnant , stop taking these medicines , just continue with folic acid 5 mg daily , which u should take even from now. Also as an advice , please don’t quote ur doctor’s name , for prescription, just refer to them as gynaecologist . Just an advice from an older person to a younger one!

Post Owner

Thanks for your advice doc i will not mention any docs name
Just confirm me mom c tablet is folic acid or not ?? If not then which folic acid should i start taking? Please mention any specific name?
And after a month can i stop taking rimona or not?

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry
Dr. Saima Siddiq Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), MRCP (Obstetrics & Gynecology) Ireland | Lahore | Book Appointment

review-stars 103 Positive Reviews

Folic acid comes in the name of folic acid 5mg , it’s available over the counter anywhere and ver cheap as well but very important

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear your treating gynaecologist has given u whole planned medications so it's better to flow her as per advice.
-continue to have folic acid if miss periods and report her for further advice.
-in case of missed periods if observe pain on one sided lower abdomen report immediately to gynae Emergency.
-best of luck.

Post Owner

can I continue taking mom c during pregnancy?

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

Actually if diet is balanced u can have your daily requirement from diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and good quality protein. Avoid extra amount of fish or food containing Vit A in pregnancy.
For whole pregnancy u can ask your treating doctor in next visit.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories