Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Lahore

Aoa. Kindly explain the situation, is it serious or mild acording to pelvis ultasound report, which says

Uterus 7.9 ×3.5 ×4.O cm Is inteverted, no uterine mass, Endometrial thickness 4.5 mm

Right ovary measure 4.5× 2.8 ×3.7 cm with volume of 23.5 mL Left ovary measure 3.3× 2.8 ×3.9 cm with volume of 18.7 mL Both ovaries are increased in size and volume. Multiple small follicles arranged peripherally in both ovaries. No mass/ cyst No fluid in CUL-DE-SAC IMPRESSION: Polycystic ovary syndrom

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Nazifa Mubashir

Dr. Nazifa Mubashir - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS, MRCOG, Fellowship (Gynecology Laparoscopy) | Karachi

review-stars

503 Positive Reviews

Ultrasound gives a picture of hormone disturbance which is called polycystic ovarian syndrome . U need to visit OBGYN for further tests and treatment . It is not a very serious problem but needs treatment after proper history and examination

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

--wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear this scan indicates multiple cyst in Ovaries called polycystic ovaries that could be due to Hormonal imbalance.
-it might possible that u could have periods disturbances(irregular periods, disturbed bleeding etc), weight gain, abnormal hairs growth etc.
-petient need to discuss history, symmptoms and should have Dietery, physical and life style precautions accordingly.So send details, tests reports if any if want to discuss.
-I hope things would be better.
-best of luck.

Post Owner

JzakAllah mam for explaining well. Kindly name the lab test which are needed to be done . I am unmarried 26 years 5 feet and 60 kg , my w8 was around 50 kg for so long which was under healthy BMI but now my weight is increasing and i have developed acne too from last 1 year + facial hair.

4 years ago

Post Owner

I have taken Diane 35 for 2 months a few month back but now m not taking any medicine

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

Have daily walk, yoga And Exercise to maintain normal Bmi.
Have less salt, suger, oil and spice in Diet.
Have plenty of water.
U can have waxing, plucking or threading for abnormal hairs.
U need to have blood sex hormonal tests on day 2 of periods.

4 years ago

Endocrinologist in Abbottabad - Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed - Endocrinologist

MBBS, MRCP (UK) | Abbottabad

review-stars

79 Positive Reviews

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that affects a woman’s hormone levels.
Women with PCOS produce higher-than-normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods and makes it harder for them to get pregnant.
PCOS also causes hair growth on the face and body, and baldness. And it can contribute to long-term health problems like diabetes and heart disease.
Birth control pills diabetes drugs and losing weight can help fix the hormone imbalance and improve symptoms.U may need to do ultrasound hormonal and other blood tests to reach to the diagnosis and then a plan can be arranged for management. Thanks

Post Owner

JzakAllah sir for explaining well. Kindly name the lab test which are needed to be done . I am unmarried 26 years 5 feet and 60 kg , my w8 was around 50 kg for so long which was under healthy BMI but now my weight is increasing and i have developed acne too from last 1 year + facial hair.

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Uzma Mohsen

Dr. Uzma Mohsen - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

85 Positive Reviews

Get these tests on second day of ur menses.
S/FSH , LH, Prolactin , thyroid function tests, testosterone level.
And tell the reports.

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories