Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pre-eclampsia

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 28 years old, Lahore

Hey, I got married on 18th Feb,2018. In June I became pregnant. Everything was going completely normal when suddenly at 29th week, when I was on a wedding I started to feel pain in my stomach and the pain becomes high. I went to the hospital as the pain is getting severe. I came to know that my b.p is 190/210. Within few hours My b.p gets to 150/90. But my urine protein was High and LFT report was not good too..Anyway, I got operated and on 31st Dec, 2018. And my baby got expired on 1st Jan. Now it's been two months to my c-section, doctors advised my that I should have to do three months course prior to next pregnancy as I'm a pre-eclampsia patient now. I want to ask can I start that course after 3 months of c-section. So that I can plan my baby after next 3 months. Is it possible to conceive after 6th months of pregnancy ?

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Parveen Zain

Dr. Parveen Zain - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), Diploma In Obstetrics & Gynecology | Lahore

review-stars

10 Positive Reviews

You did not mention which course do you mean folic acid it is better if you delay your pregnancy for at least six months

Post Owner

Dr. Told me that there is a 3 months course that have to be done prior to pregnancy for pre-eclampsia patients

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

28 Positive Reviews

-wellcome and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
-Dear u had severe pre-eclampsia and got affected neonatal expired due to poor placentation.
-should have proper monitoring of blood pressure and should be normal and all blood tests also better checked and should be normal.
-pre-eclampsia provokes with pregnancy hormones and have high recurrence rate in mothers havi g previous history of pre eclampsia..
So u can have high BP with proteinuria it in next pregnancy as well That need to deal carefully in advance and might need multidisciplinary care.
-have regularly folic acid 5 mgs.
-which months course u were advised?????
-have balanced diet with less salt, suger, oil and spice.
-daily walk and exercise.
_try to have normal weight and Bmi.
-strict monitoring of blood pressure.
-before starting try for Conception for next baby u should have proper detailed check up. With general physician for recorded blood pressure levels for weeks, for blood ad urine tests.
-next pregnancy need early booking. Blood thinking medications, strict monitor of vitals, urine protein, symptoms, fetal growth, well being, regular scan etc.
I hope u got my point.
-best of luck

Post Owner

Thank you so much Dr. Uzma for explaining it in detail. I don't know about the course. IA I will follow these instructions in next pregnancy. Can you please tell me can I plan to conceive after 6 months of c-section. Certainly, will do that with prior test and other things .

5 years ago

Post Owner

Sorry, it was hysterotomy not c-section

5 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin
Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi | Book Appointment

review-stars 28 Positive Reviews

If hystrotomy then better more precautions on the lines I advised u already.

5 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories