Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy: High Amniotic Fluid Index At 29 Weeks

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 27 years old, Islamabad

Hi I am 29 Weeks Pregnant with my 1st Baby. In my Anamoly Scan (at 22 weeks) my Amniotic Fluid Index #AFI was in Upper Normal Limit which was 24. I had Oral Glucose Tolerance Test last week. Result shows that Suger Level is Fine. Today I had Growth Scan at 29 Weeks. My AFI is still 21.2 cm, rest everything is fine related to me and baby. (Baby Weight is 1.3 Kg, my HB is 11, EDD according to LMP and USG is Same) My Gynaecologist said as I am not Diabetic so reason of this much High AFI is Unknown. Doctor marked it as Polyhydramnios. She has prescribed me Indocin Tablet which I will start at 31 week to reduce Amniotic Fluid. And she asked to start take Duphaston. I have follow up appointment after 2 weeks. Doctor also asked my to avoid any Physical exertion as It can rupture Water Bag. I am following Doctor's advice but I want to know success stories. Doctor is going right with the treatment? What other precautions I can take?

Member of Marham-Forum

Thank you for posting your query.
We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have tagged relevant doctors for your problem. Please wait they will reply you soon.
Thank you.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khadija Asim Khan

Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khadija Asim Khan - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS ( Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

294 Positive Reviews

Dear 21 cm is normal AFI, as recommendations say normal AFI is upto 22 cm and if everything is normal than no need to worry

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories