Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy Related Problem

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 26 years old, Islamabad

1- Umbilical Artery shows raised borderline SD values 2- AFI 18 cm at 30 weeks 3- Fetal weight is less than 10th percentile

My consultant wants to repeat umbilical artery Doppler on Monday, if the values deteriorate she wants to get the baby delivered.

I want a second opinion. Kindly please help.

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

225 Positive Reviews

Aoa
dear first of all repeat ur scan...SD ratio shud b less than 2.5 at any time of gestation-even if its raised v can wait fr 4more weeks wth vigilant feto maternal surveillance...actually absent diastolic flow or reversed diastolic flow is more dangerous...
then take inj dexa 12mg IM now and repeat aft 24hours for fetal lung maturity-u didnt mention any co morbidities if u hv like hypertension, Diabetes,APLS etc...
c i m not there and ur OBG is the best judge-i can only suggest my management wch i hv...
so hope u understand the limitations of online consultations...
tc

Post Owner

I’ve already got both the first and second dose of inj dexa yesterday and today.
I don’t have any blood pressure issue and I’m also not diabetic.
Everything was fine till my last scan which was done on 24th August.
I wonder what went wrong in 20 days.

4 years ago

Gynecologist in Lahore - Asst. Prof. Dr. Saba Ansari

Asst. Prof. Dr. Saba Ansari - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obs & Gynae), MRCPI (Ireland), Minimal Invasive Surgery Dip(Germany) | Lahore

review-stars

25 Positive Reviews

these findings goes with intrauterine growth restriction of fetus with still normal liqour volume. a repeat Doppler is needed to follow fetal growth. fetal anomalies must b excluded.
timings of delivery depends of fetal heart beat trace and movements. before delivery u must go for fetal neuroprotection by Mg SO4, steroids fr lungs maturity. baby will go fr NICU after delivery

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories