Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Pregnancy Scan

person-avatar

Asking for Sister, Female, 29 years old, Karachi

On behalf of someone.. She is currently 24 weeks+4 days pregnant. This is her recent scan. Does this show that her fluid is excessive? Is it possible that baby changes her position in coming weeks? Is it possible that she is having gestational diabetes?

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Uzma Mohsin

Dr. Uzma Mohsin - Gynecologist

MBBS, DGO, DOWH | Karachi

review-stars

27 Positive Reviews

- well cone and thanks for preffering Marham for your health Consultation.
- Dear I could not see scan report Actually but it would be better if u would send me her previous obs ,gynae ,medical and drug history .
- actually if having more fluid it is to be checked during scanby having proper technique and to be mentioned in scan report clearly .
- Afi greater than 22 cms or in single picket more then 8 cms is polyhydramnios or increased fluid .
- increased fluid or polyhydramnios could be due to Due to diabetes ( in mother) it fetal anomaly ( baby having any neurological or developmental defect)so both factors need to evaluate .
- had she scanned at 20 wks for detailed anomaly evaluation if that scan is normal for anomaly just showed increased fluid that need to evaluate for diabetes in mother .
- in most of the centres Ogtt is advised around 22-24 wks so she should have oral glucose tolerence test .
- should have diabetic diet to be on safer side .try to avoid suger ,should have daily walk .
- I haven't seen scan as may be some technical fault it's not appearing here but in case if diabetes even strict monitoring of fetus and mother's suger levels needed and fetal well being monitoring need electronic fetal monitoring and recurrent scanning for fluid and baby's size measurement in coming weeks as both of these too important and with normal suger levels with can be in normal range .-
- previous pregnancy if she had suger,if family history of suger ,if high Bmi she can have gestational diabetes but monitoring ,Precuations and treament accordingly are the solutions for mother and baby .
- I hope u get my point.
- gave ogtt test ,detailed anomaluvscan even easpecialky for cardiac out flow ,diabetic diet and follow up with reports .
- best of luck

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories