Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Prolonged Postnatal Bleed

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 25 years old, ISLAMABAD

Hi, I am 41 days postpartum, i expelled my twin birth prematurely through vaginal delivery at 20 weeks due to cervical incompetence. It was my first pregnancy. My question is i am still having spotting sometimes red sometimes brown without stop since start. Is it normal to bleed this long?

Gynecologist in Attock - Dr. Komal Aftab

Dr. Komal Aftab - Gynecologist

| MBBS | FCPS( Obstetrics & Gynaecology) | | Attock

review-stars

11 Positive Reviews

its normal.. it will be alright with time

Member of Marham-Forum

im really sorry to hear about your loss, i hope after expulsion of pregnancy uterus was checked to b completely clear and antibiotics must b given.if its just spotting and not associated with pain and discharge it wil resolve spontaneously in a week or so otherwise u must visit ur gynacologist for medication if discharge is also present.

Post Owner

Yes the uterus was checked and also i did a 10 day antibiotics course. There is less sticky discharge (like normally what you get) usually with blood, if that's what you are talking about? There is very light period like pain on and off in the day. Is it serious?

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Karachi - Dr. Yasmeen Memon

Dr. Yasmeen Memon - Gynecologist

MBBS, Diploma in Gynaecology & Obstetrics (D.G.O) | Karachi

review-stars

7 Positive Reviews

sorry to hear about your loss.
it is normal..
will set after few days

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Rabia Wajid

Dr. Rabia Wajid - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology) | Lahore

review-stars

106 Positive Reviews

Sorry about your loss
Not abnormal though, get your pelvic scan to be on the safe side.

Post Owner

I went for pelvic scan and Alhumdulillah there are no RPOCs or any other sonographic evidence or problem. Now i am 7 weeks postpartum and still having spotting. Is this normal? I visited my gyne doctor and she simply suggested transamine. If i don't take that she said you can simply wait for it to stop on its own.

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem

Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad

review-stars

225 Positive Reviews

Aoa
six weeks post delivery as the body is again adjusting to the non pregnancy state again so ir regular bleeds r expected...but wth time amount duration and frequency of bleeding keeps on reducing...anyways if u really want to remove ur concern go for full bladder pelvic scan to rule out RPOCs and also do serum bhcg levels to make sure ur pregnancy hormones are settling down...hope u understand wt I meant...

Post Owner

I went for pelvic scan and Alhumdulillah there are no RPOCs or any other sonographic evidence or problem. Now i am 7 weeks postpartum and still having spotting. Is this normal? I visited my gyne doctor and she simply suggested transamine. If i don't take that she said you can simply wait for it to stop on its own.

3 years ago

Gynecologist in Islamabad - Dr. Hina Nadeem
Dr. Hina Nadeem - Gynecologist

MBBS, MCPS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), PGD (Nutrition), CBC (Advance Ultrasound) | Islamabad | Book Appointment

review-stars 225 Positive Reviews

as i already told u do serum bhcg to make sure ur pregnancy hormones r settling down...ur ONGyn can best describe the need of this test...

3 years ago

Attach Photo here:

Consult with Doctor Online

One-to-One Chat with Doctor

Don't like going to a Hospital?

Consult Online

Book Appointment

View All Categories (A-Z)

Get Appointment with Gynecologist

Find the Questions asked in Other Categories