Book Video Consultation

Book Video Consultation

Stay Home

No Waiting in lines

Audio/Video Call

PMC Verified Doctors

Talk to Gynecologist on Too Heavy Of Bleeding On Periods

person-avatar

Asking for Self, Female, 29 years old, Islamabad

It was a weird experience for me. I'm 29 and single, have pcos and used primolute N in January for religious reasons for 17 days.

After that when I got my withdrawal bleeding, I passed decidual cast, didn't even know that was a thing. After that my periods have been regular with normal 7 days bleeding pattern.

Fast forward to now, this month in july, got my periods on time. Had 3 days of normal bleeding, then spotting for another 4 days. On 7th day, when I thought I was done with my periods, I suddenly got the heaviest bleeding I have ever experienced.

It lasted for an hour only. But it was warm bright red blood that just kept gushing out. I changed about 4 pads in an hour and it was such heavy flow with 2 pennies sized multiple clots......I started feeling lightheaded. But after an hour it stopped and then spotting remained for another 3 days.

I have other health issues as well, chronic migraine, possible UPJ obstruction cause of horseshoe kidneys, hypertension and PCOS.

Please guide on what to do?

Thanks.

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Mahwish Choudhry

Dr. Mahwish Choudhry - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) | Lahore

review-stars

199 Positive Reviews

Just control BP, maintain weight, manage stress, low carb high protein diet, daily walk, sleep well at night , start healthy life style modifications, observe your cycle for next 3 months


0

0

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Sadaf Aleem Mirza

Dr. Sadaf Aleem Mirza - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS Gynaecology & Obstetrics | Lahore

review-stars

4 Positive Reviews

In addition to above mentioned things , do CBC to check Hb%age, pelvis USG and consult for evaluation and further management plan.


0

0

Gynecologist in Lahore - Dr. Zahra Iftikhar

Dr. Zahra Iftikhar - Gynecologist

MBBS, FCPS Gynaecology & Obstetrics | Lahore

review-stars

13 Positive Reviews

I would say if this heavy bleeding happened only once off and has settled now..nothing to be done..just keep observe.if happens again then consult


0

0

Attach Photo here: